Poll Block - Voting Issue

TDBF
Go to solution Solved by TDBF,

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I am unable to replicate this on my end. Is this being done by leaving both pages open, or is it showing as you havent voted on the block after leaving the page?

As far as I can tell. My members are voting in the topic, but when they view the block, they still have the option to vote via there. When they return to the topic with the Poll, they say that they are able to vote again, as in they have never voted previously.

I have had to remove the option for them to vote via the block for the time being.

I would need some examples and step by step how to reproduce this if possible. I have tried both the following

Test 1

1. Create a poll topic
  2. add the block on home page
  3. go to topic and vote
  4. go back to home page and I see I cant vote

Test 2

1. Create a poll topic
  2. add the block on the home page
  3. vote on the block on the home page
  4. go to the topic, and see I cant vote

23 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would need some examples and step by step how to reproduce this if possible. I have tried both the following

Test 1

1. Create a poll topic
  2. add the block on home page
  3. go to topic and vote
  4. go back to home page and I see I cant vote

Test 2

1. Create a poll topic
  2. add the block on the home page
  3. vote on the block on the home page
  4. go to the topic, and see I cant vote

That's pretty much it.

I am going to test for caching issues here. Will get back to you and let you know if I find something.

• Solution

Okay, I should have looked into this more before I came here to post and I feel rather silly (more than usual 😆) for not picking this up sooner.

With the Poll block being cached for 1 minute (Due to the cache settings), when they vote, the do not see the changes happening straight away. So they think their vote has not taken place. Some also think because they can click on the 'Show Vote Options' and vote, that their previous vote hasn't happened either.

Question, when are we going to get a more modular approach to caching items and blocks on the suite?

Would really like to have more control on which blocks I would like to cache or not, and the cache ttl on each block as well. The same for applications like Pages, where I would just love to set cache lifetime on the articles and only update the cache when it is updated. Please please pretty please! 😁