Differentiation between Username and Displayname

In Invision Community, you can use either your name or email to log in by default. Invision Community does not have the concept of Username and Display name - There is just simply 'Name'. 

However, in my community accounts are created from a game where people have Display Names (Not unique) and Usernames (Unique). 

Ideally I'd like to use the Display name as the 'Name' that shows up above people's profiles and can be searched on, mentioned etc, but still have the user log in with their username. Something like this possible? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 8:53 PM, Roboko said:

In Invision Community, you can use either your name or email to log in by default. Invision Community does not have the concept of Username and Display name - There is just simply 'Name'. 

However, in my community accounts are created from a game where people have Display Names (Not unique) and Usernames (Unique). 

Ideally I'd like to use the Display name as the 'Name' that shows up above people's profiles and can be searched on, mentioned etc, but still have the user log in with their username. Something like this possible? 

IPS removed the members option of choice for the use of members username or display name option back in the beginning of 4.0. in the customer version.
I too liked the idea of a little anonymity between Username and display name but it was in their opinion that this feature is unnecessary.
But then again, I sure would like their answer where it come to Invision’s way of displaying Username and display name. If you are not of what I am talking about go ahead and log into your Client’s Area.