User on iPad Can't View Forum?

usmf
Go to solution Solved by usmf,

Hoping there may be an answer for this. A member is having issues, because his iPad cannot view either of our two communities (which are updated to the most current). Here is his description of the problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I was hoping you might help! I started having problems opening this forum and the world forum on my iPad about a month or two ago. I sometimes get a “the server stopped working” message but mostly it just spins and never opens up. I thought it was something with my old iPad….it was very old. But I now have a brand new one and unfortunately I am having same problems. I know my internet is working because I can pull it up on the laptop I keep upstairs, as well as on my phone. All other sites work on the iPad as well. Occasionally The Forum will load and work but maybe only two tries in ten. Although my IPAD is brand new, I did see there was an update available so did that last night. I am operating on 14.8 now if that helps your techs. Unfortunately last night the update did not work and things were the same. I use Safari browser, never used the Taptalk. Any suggestions? I usually surf the forum on the iPad and I am really missing that.

The first thing I would advise there is ensuring you are not using any 3rd party applications and running the default theme, before asking him to check again. If its then working, you would need to trace back which one is causing the problem. Also check he does not have any plugins running on his browser that may be causing this

What IOS are their IPads running on?

If they are not on IOS 14, then they need to upgrade IOS or their hardware.

Edit: I see you are using IOS 14.8. Have you tried clearing your cache for your browser or trying using another browser rather than the default installed one.

Try installing Chrome and see if you get the same issues.

Edited by TDBF

• Solution

Hi! Thanks for all the suggestions. The user did everything, suggested and actually reinstalled browsers. They did change to the default theme (which took some explaining, because they were sure it was broken since it was just plain white with no design). Starting last night, however, everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what it was causing the issue, but thanks for the help. Something worked!