AWS Simple Email Service with Bounce Management

1 minute ago, Jon Erickson said:

Please read the previous posts. It’s been addressed and waiting for approval. 

Your post only refer to backwards compatibility. You did not mention anything about my issue. An issue I have had long before that and an issue I reported numerous times to this topic.

On 9/23/2022 at 10:35 AM, Jon Erickson said:

An update has been submitted that addresses the backwards compatibility issue. Please update as soon as possible when it releases.

I should have read this because I've been going crazy after updating IPS. Had to install php 8.1 because the latest version of this app causing issues on php 8.0.23

ErrorException: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 8.0.23. (256)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(256, 'Composer detect...', '/home/p...', 24)
#1 /home/public_html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/composer/platform_check.php(24): trigger_error('Composer detect...', 256)
#2 /home/public_html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php(25): require('/home/lgwebos/p...')
#3 /home/public_html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/autoload.php(7): ComposerAutoloaderInit56a710c1e4edbbc536d58cfc31cc8a09::getLoader()
#4 /home/public_html/applications/awsses/Application.php(27): require_once('/home/p...')
#5 /home/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(705): IPS\awsses\_Application->__construct()
#6 /home/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(149): IPS\_Application::constructFromData(Array)
#7 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(467): IPS\_Application::applications()
#8 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(104): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::convertLegacyParameters()
#9 /home/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#10 /home/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#11 {main}

I updated to the latest AWS SES and I have the same issue. When the AWS SES is activated the site won't load.

I now see that it only affects the admin account as members can login and access the site fine, however when Admin try to login to both frontend and backend the site will not load and it gives these 2 different errors in the photo below on different occasions.

When I rename the awsses folder to awsses9 the site loads fine, when I revert back to the original folder name awsses, the site works fine and I can login, however If I change a plugin settings or change any settings in the ACP and click save, the site will freeze and will not load unless I rename the awsses folder to awsses9

Also I disabled all third party plugins and apps and its the same issue 

See error 

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: Text

Edited by beats23
19 hours ago, beats23 said:

I updated to the latest AWS SES and I have the same issue. When the AWS SES is activated the site won't load.

I now see that it only affects the admin account as members can login and access the site fine, however when Admin try to login to both frontend and backend the site will not load and it gives these 2 different errors in the photo below on different occasions.

When I rename the awsses folder to awsses9 the site loads fine, when I revert back to the original folder name awsses, the site works fine and I can login, however If I change a plugin settings or change any settings in the ACP and click save, the site will freeze and will not load unless I rename the awsses folder to awsses9

Also I disabled all third party plugins and apps and its the same issue 

See error 

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: Text

Can you try with a clean vanilla install not behind cloudflare? What server infrastructure are you using? 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, Jon Erickson said:

Can you try with a clean vanilla install not behind cloudflare? What server infrastructure are you using? 

I remove cloud flare and it is the same issue. Server is shared hosting linux. The server is working fine as when your app is deactivated I do not have this issue.

The issue also happens when using php 7.4, 8, 8.1 and 8.2

Something that IPS changed in 4.7.2 is causing the issue as there were no issue in 4.7.1 .

Your app is conflicting with my admin account and my sql database. 

Can you update me on this issue.

This is the error I get without cloudflare.

image.thumb.png.a66bbf2d331fcacf3325ac00e34111eb.png

Edited by beats23
On 9/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, beats23 said:

I remove cloud flare and it is the same issue. Server is shared hosting linux. The server is working fine as when your app is deactivated I do not have this issue.

Something that IPS changed in 4.7.2 is causing the issue as there were no issue in 4.7.1 .

@Jon Erickson It is one month now since I reported this issue to you in this support topic and you have ignored the issue that I am having while using your app on my IPS install. You even reply with a very rude unprofessional comment about I must read your previous post. Your app is not free, I paid you for this app which is useless now as it is conflicting with my admin account and sql database, for which you have ignored. You have showed no interest in resolving the issue I am having.

It seems you only offer support for your app to some people and not me, why is this?

I await your timely response regarding your app's issues.

Edited by beats23

So I had this working on php 8.0 without issue. I just went to update another app and it started to hang. My site went down and would not come back up. I thought it was due to the newsletters app, so I started to troubleshoot. php-fpm: pool processes on the server went through the roof. Traced to this app. I renamed the app folder and the site came back.

@Jon Erickson I'll try to PM you the processes so you can take a look. I've disabled the app, but there is a clear issue when its enabled.

5 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

So I had this working on php 8.0 without issue. I just went to update another app and it started to hang. My site went down and would not come back up. I thought it was due to the newsletters app, so I started to troubleshoot. php-fpm: pool processes on the server went through the roof. Traced to this app. I renamed the app folder and the site came back.

@Jon Erickson I'll try to PM you the processes so you can take a look. I've disabled the app, but there is a clear issue when its enabled.

From what I can see from the logs, it is trying to look for files/directories in the vendor folder and it is receiving a not found error. This vendor folder contains all the crucial dependencies needed to run the application. I have double-checked the bundle to make sure the files are present and they are. Can you check your server and see if the files that are named in the log file you provided are indeed present?

Example:

/home/******/public_html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/

48 minutes ago, Jon Erickson said:

@beats23 are you using PHP-FPM as well?

No I do not have php-fpm

10 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you don’t know, this is a question for your hosting provider. 

I asked a question about PHP-FPM. If you do not have a helpful answer, why waste time replying with a useless comment ¿¿¿
I am not a KNOW IT ALL.

3 hours ago, Jon Erickson said:

From what I can see from the logs, it is trying to look for files/directories in the vendor folder and it is receiving a not found error. This vendor folder contains all the crucial dependencies needed to run the application. I have double-checked the bundle to make sure the files are present and they are. Can you check your server and see if the files that are named in the log file you provided are indeed present?

Example:

/home/******/public_html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/

Here's what's in that directory (I still have the app directory renamed so the site will work)

Could contain: Text, Word

3 hours ago, beats23 said:

No I do not have php-fpm

If you're on a shared host, they are probably running suPHP. I don't because of performance (php-fpm is faster) and the only sites on my server are mine.

1 hour ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Randy's comment certainly was helpful, the majority of people that pay for self-hosting wouldn't have any idea what type of PHP handler they use.

I have had this issue for 1 month now and not the developer nor anyone has showed any interest in my issue. I ask what is php-fpm and where can I find it. Randy’s responds had no helpful information regarding my question. 
If one of your self hosting customer asked you what is php, would you tell that self hosting customer to go and ask his hosting provider? 
Furthermore, my question was not addressed to Randy as Randy is not the awsses app developer. 
When someone ask you a question and you then tell that person to go and ask someone else. I am sure that is not a helpful response. 

Edited by beats23
On 9/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, beats23 said:

Your app not working. Is there any update on this issue?

Just now, jesuralem said:

I have the same issue here, no way to access the site with an admin account when the plugin is installed.

@Jon Erickson it looks like the problem is linked to the php8 compatibility scanner that have way too many things to work ok.

How are you linking it to the compatibility scanner? I wonder if the PHP 8 scanner is trying to scan the entire vendor folder. 

5 hours ago, Daniel F said:

I mentioned it a while ago to the author. 

The package is way too big for many clients, their PHP  post_max_size value won’t be able to process it.

I don’t think we’re dealing with a package size issue. People are able to install without issue. It’s only 30MB and this is due to needing to include the AWS SDK. No way around it without writing the library my self (which we know is against the point). Would your PHP scanner scan the entire vendor folder? This could be the reason for the hang. 

2 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

more info here

On my sever i end up with script timeout on scanner.php. Renaming the app folder solved the issue instantly (but the app probably does not work).

Interesting. This could be a plausible cause as this issue didn’t arise until the introduction of that scanner. And having it try to scanner an entire vendor folder could certainly cause a server to hang. 

Edited by Jon Erickson