AWS Simple Email Service with Bounce Management

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, Jon Erickson said:

Can you check your PHP logs? You may also enable display_errors in your PHP settings. If you are getting just a white screen, my suspicion is an error is being thrown. 

Hi, I don't get any logs. 

On 4.7.2 beta-3 when the app is activated the whole site freezes and none of the pages will load, I also uses cloud flare. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had any problems with the plugin following the upgrade to 4.7.2.  It's not been disabled in any way, and no sort of warnings.  Emails are delivering as expected.  

The only email bounces I had were from when the plugin was actually disabled as part of testing/debugging OTHER problems.  Once re-enabled, I was able to re-queue those emails and they were sent properly through SES.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

@Jon Erickson...  tried to install 1.0.14...  when using PHP 7.4 or 8.0 (currently supported versions of PHP for IPB), it triggers an error that disables the full site and ACP with the following message:

ErrorException: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running 8.0.20. (256)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(256, 'Composer detect...', '/var/www/html/a...', 24)
#1 /var/www/html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/composer/platform_check.php(24): trigger_error('Composer detect...', 256)
#2 /var/www/html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php(25): require('/var/www/html/a...')
#3 /var/www/html/applications/awsses/sources/vendor/autoload.php(7): ComposerAutoloaderInit56a710c1e4edbbc536d58cfc31cc8a09::getLoader()
#4 /var/www/html/applications/awsses/Application.php(27): require_once('/var/www/html/a...')
#5 /var/www/html/system/Application/Application.php(705): IPS\awsses\_Application->__construct()
#6 /var/www/html/system/Application/Application.php(149): IPS\_Application::constructFromData(Array)
#7 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(348): IPS\_Application::applications()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(68): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->buildMenu()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#10 /var/www/html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#11 {main}

applications/awsses/sources/vendor/composer/platform_check.php

Line 7 appears to be the problem:

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 80100)) {

$issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.1.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';

}

Correct. If you are not running PHP 8.1, do not upgrade to the newest version. Stay on your current version. There is a backwards compatibility issue with the AWS SDK. We’ll see if we can work around it. If not, we will add a system requirement to the app for PHP version. 

Edited by Jon Erickson
21 hours ago, beats23 said:

I update to the latest version. I have the same issue. When the app is activated my website will not load and it gives a cloudflare error. See the attached photo.

I have to rename the awsses folder to get my website working.

Could contain: Text

PHP 8.1

Any info on this issue?