Getting Close To The End now

FZ
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Just got the email telling me that my pricing is going up for my 2 licenses (and not by an insignificant amount). I do like the products but for me it's not worth over $500 a year on the small communities I still have. So I have to make a plan. 

In my Client Area I can't see an option to remove certain products from my licenses. For instance, on one of them I definitely don't need forums, commerce or gallery, so those can go, plus on the other I could probably dispense with Downloads. A small saving, but a saving nonetheless. 

How do I modify my license to exclude them? 

Just now, FZ said:

The email says that this is the only way to do it now, hence the post. 

The clarification which is posted elsewhere, and wasn't included in the email when it really should have been, also states that:

14 hours ago, Charles said:

Existing active, self-hosted licenses will have email support until 1 January 2022 or their current renewal date, whichever is later. After that, it will be community support only.

7 minutes ago, FZ said:

In my Client Area I can't see an option to remove certain products from my licenses. For instance, on one of them I definitely don't need forums, commerce or gallery, so those can go, plus on the other I could probably dispense with Downloads.

Another question, on some of my licenses I want to cancel some applications too. For example I don't need downloads anymore and on some sites not even forums, only core and pages.

So can I do that when I get the next invoice? As long as I have already paid for them I still want to use them/backup content, but when I renew not for those apps of course.

In the client area I can only renew the whole package with all purchased apps and then it looks like it's too late.

To summarise, less services for higher fees. It's that our community is heavily build on IPS but I would think twice about using IPS for any new project now. Especially the lack of support is clearly a lack of confidence from the company. 

That said, I have nothing against community support - It's great to steer people there. But IPS has (in recent years) always steered people towards ticket support. 

This is also not the only recent price increase (IPS cancelled legacy bundles and increased prices for those). It's clear to say that I'm not happy about this.  

Please could we have the conversation regarding our changes within the appropriate topic, rather than in someones support topic. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, SjorsK said:

To summarise, less services for higher fees.

With this, actually it's the opposite. We previously provided no support on the community, then provided little support on the community, now we provide full support and better staffing levels of support on the community. With regard tickets, we can send to tickets from here if there is a need to do so, as you saw above, so that part really hasnt changed. We can escalate as we did previously, report bugs as we did previously. You simply type your issue in a different location