Urgent support needed

Hi, we have an urgent situation.

I have no idea what's happened but we are unable to make any new post to any threads or even post any new topics.

Forum seems to be running okay but absolutely impossible to post anything at all and not even to open a support ticket through our forum dashboard.

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Thanks

Edited by BankFodder

In the first instance there, please do the following items. First go to Support in the top right of your Admin CP, and click on clear cache. If that does not correct the issue, disable al 3rd party items, including your theme, and test without those switched on. Let us know if you are then still having the same problems

Hi, I've cleared the cache again, disable all plug-ins, disabled all the applications. I've changed the theme to the IPS default although it doesn't seem to register on the front end. But in any event the anything we've modified on the theme is the colours. Nothing else has been modified.

Absolutely no effect on afraid. We can't post. People will read the forum – no problem it's all available but nobody can post anything.

I think we need somebody who understands what they're doing to come in and have a look please

You can reach me on email as well

18 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Hi, I've cleared the cache again, disable all plug-ins, disabled all the applications. I've changed the theme to the IPS default although it doesn't seem to register on the front end. But in any event the anything we've modified on the theme is the colours. Nothing else has been modified.

Absolutely no effect on afraid. We can't post. People will read the forum – no problem it's all available but nobody can post anything.

I think we need somebody who understands what they're doing to come in and have a look please

You can reach me on email as well

You used

https://platform.twitter.com/embed/embed.modules.3b04bfe3371598999823.js

This JS seems to be looping and causing too much delay to the JS that the IPS loads. That's why an editor loads very, very slowly.
Stop this JS.

It could be that twitter is having some issues. Remove it and see what happens would be my advice, as Adlago is right, it's going a bit crazy. Moving your javascript to the header (theme settings) may also be a way to solve it temporarily if you really don't want to remove it, but personally I'd remove it first as it's not healthy for the site for it to be doing what it's doing at the moment. 

Edited by Dll

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

No we can't

I was able to load the posting menu properly (eg clicking start new topic showed the correct thing rather than being broken as it was before) while the twitter thing was removed. Now you've put it back on, it's broken again and the errors are back. You need to leave it off, clear your browser cache and try again. 

Well our issue seems to have resolved itself at the moment.

I don't know whether this is because it simply sorted itself out or because of an intervention by the Invision team.

I have to say – hats off to the Invision team who responded within minutes after I had posted this new thread.

Clearly if it hasn't been fixed by the Invision team and it simply corrected itself then I've got to try and find out what happened to prevent it happening again.

I wouldn't wish ill on anybody especially not one of my Invision co-administrators – but I'm extremely pleased that @theqkash is experiencing the same problem because that could indicate that there is some larger problem not just us.

Edited by BankFodder

5 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Well it's obviously going to happen again. It will be interesting to see if other people have had the same problem and will post on this thread

In your case it appears to have been cache, so its actually not likely.

11 minutes ago, theqkash said:

To be honest... I have the same. It has just started running without any reason, while Invision support on email has written to me that I have problems with saving files in datastore... which is not true.

Yours we are looking at with you in your ticket, and is an unrelated issue. The outcome is the same, but the cause very much isnt. It seems there is an issue with the system writing correctly to your server somewhere.

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yours we are looking at with you in your ticket, and is an unrelated issue. The outcome is the same, but the cause very much isnt. It seems there is an issue with the system writing correctly to your server somewhere.

Well, I have removed files within datastore and cached files of js files several times and it didn't fixed the problem, but files actually has been recreating, so it wasn't issue of chmods or something. However - recreated js file root_library.js was just cut in some part, so it was impossible for all js stuff on site to work. Recreation of that file each time was cutted in different part. Changing memory limits and settings of php didn't solved the case. However I'm pretty sure that it was not a case when it was impossible to write files on server, which has been sugested in email response.

I'll soon update it on what you've asked now for so you'll be able to examine. Honestly, I don't want to make this problem happen again 😉 

Just now, theqkash said:

Well, I have removed files within datastore and cached files of js files several times and it didn't fixed the problem, but files actually has been recreating, so it wasn't issue of chmods or something. However - recreated js file root_library.js was just cut in some part, so it was impossible for all js stuff on site to work. Recreation of that file each time was cutted in different part. Changing memory limits and settings of php didn't solved the case. However I'm pretty sure that it was not a case when it was impossible to write files on server, which has been sugested in email response.

I'll soon update it on what you've asked now for so you'll be able to examine. Honestly, I don't want to make this problem happen again 😉 

Completely understandable. We have requested access from yourself now, so we can get a look and see whats going on