Stuff what I have noticed with the design refresh...

Nathan Explosion

Starting this because they are likely to get lost in the other topic related to the refresh

1. No more 'Create' button? Shame
  2. Client area - clicking "Our Community" is pointless, isn't it? (see first screenshot below)
  3. Title doing a "John Cena" behind the header (see second screenshot below)

image.thumb.png.87201a1bcbe1df5346d43c6f399eaeaf.png

image.thumb.png.af757762319020f6585fdc6be9f20e88.png

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback guys!

@Nathan Explosion I've fixed the "Our Community" issue and the user panel is no longer John Cena-ing. The user area seemed a little crowded on laptops, so I guess the Create menu was removed for a more aesthetic reason rather than a functional reason. It gives the user area a little more breathing room and prevents the navigation from collapsing into unnecessary dropdown menus. If this is mentioned more often though, I'll be happy to revisit it 🙂

@Adriano Faria The create menu should now be working correctly on mobiles. I added a "home icon" to the mobile navigation bar which takes you back to the forum index page. I thought it might be confusing if the logo took you to different places depending on what page you were viewing.

@Ocean West Nice suggestion - I've added your default Activity Stream to the "Our Community" dropdown menu. It'll be "Unread Content" by default, unless you've adjusted it for your account.

There's quite a lot of code which goes into that header, but it's all just standard HTML, css and a small amount of javascript. It's not a header which can easily be implemented into the Invision Menu Manager though (the top navigation menu on this site is all static code - the dark blue bar is the only thing powered by the Menu Manager system), so I'm not sure how helpful a blog post would be unfortunately 😅

@Ehren

I noticed that "Content View Behavior" got worser. In some topics a landing point is not on the post it should be. I think it happens only in topics with posted images. For example in this topic: no unread posts, "Take me to the latest comment" selected, on the forum listing clicking the date of your last post brings me a couple of posts above... The effect seems quite random.

5 minutes ago, Luuuk said:

@Ehren

I noticed that "Content View Behavior" got worser. In some topics a landing point is not on the post it should be. I think it happens only in topics with posted images. For example in this topic: no unread posts, "Take me to the latest comment" selected, on the forum listing clicking the date of your last post brings me a couple of posts above... The effect seems quite random.

You can easily reproduce when you have a link to a post, like a notification. You’ll never go to right post. I haven’t realized it may be due to images, tho.

Yeah, that's actually an issue with the default theme too and is likely caused by images which cause the page to jump when they load. This is typically fixed by assigning width/height attributes to images, but I'm not sure how difficult this is to achieve with uploaded content. I'll mention it to the dev's to see if they have any suggestions.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, Darth Vortex said:

A downloads button for the Marketplace would be great too.

Now we have to open the menu first but we have an own button for a single club.

I would also like to see the Marketplace link return to the native menu. While the ACP is required to install resources, I still use the website version to keep up to date with new release and search for products. I used to check it all the time and used it much more often than opening Our Picks for example, which have a spot in the menu. 

Edited by opentype