4.6.6 Theme Import Template Weirdness

Hi all,

Earlier today I updated my local dev PC to IPS 4.6.6. I then exported a custom theme to test it on a live site updated to 4.6.6 from the same previous version.

( IncIdentally, I found it had included some html templates from a completely different theme again. :angry: )

I noticed each time I manually upload this theme into my live 4.6.6 site and look at the theme html templates, it claims I've modified templates which I've definitely not touched. If I click to see the comparison with the default version of the template, it is empty, which can't be right, so I haven't reverted them in case they break.

According to the theme changes facility here, these templates haven't been changed.

I deleted the theme then repeated the install and still the same result.

Anyone else noticed this or come across it before?

EF67BF4E-B8D0-492C-BD79-2E583DAC48B1.jpeg

A7A5D8B6-EA43-4AA3-93A2-CCC38850CD64.jpeg

3A633E76-984A-481D-8AFF-B25C94306293.jpeg

7F06C650-AE4B-4B70-B52B-7DF1A3C6CD01.jpeg

A1E6723F-C511-47BC-AD33-1077BAFE2D14.jpeg

• Management
6 minutes ago, The Old Man said:

Thank you, I just relied to Jim's email as I couldn't find the ticket in Client Center.

Manually uploaded it to 2x 4.6.6 communities, the second fairly new and not live yet, both the same results as above.

Good point ... I will make a note to be sure you get a confirmation when we create a ticket on your behalf.

Don't know if this is related but when I edit a template in 4.6.6 the edit takes place after the save, but if i want to revert the template the edit remains in place and no way to change it back. In other words the revert does not work nor does removing the edit and saving the template work.

Thanks

Like the OP I am seeing some really strange things with the templates. I created a new theme from the IPS original and it is pulling templates from another customized theme. The new theme templates are showing that they have not been modified but yet are displaying templates from another customized theme? The new theme is set with no parent theme.

I also just went to download and save my original customized theme and it is adding a space behind the theme name so instead of overwriting the saved theme it is creating a new saved theme, weird. Also the file size in nowhere near what it should be.

Edited by Genestoy

On 9/25/2021 at 2:28 PM, Genestoy said:

Like the OP I am seeing some really strange things with the templates. I created a new theme from the IPS original and it is pulling templates from another customized theme. The new theme templates are showing that they have not been modified but yet are displaying templates from another customized theme? The new theme is set with no parent theme.

I also just went to download and save my original customized theme and it is adding a space behind the theme name so instead of overwriting the saved theme it is creating a new saved theme, weird. Also the file size in nowhere near what it should be.

While the file name saving may be part of the same issues we are looking at (will let you know on that), there have been no reports of templates showing from other themes. What is happening in the case of this one is its actually showing customised because the filename that was exported as exported incorrectly for some reason. Could you confirm if this is what you mean (it showing customised)?

Also, could you let me know what operating system you are using, and how you are editing the files (what program)?

1 hour ago, Genestoy said:

Marc,

The editing seems to have fixed itself on its own so may have been a server glitch of my hosting company. The extra space added behind the theme name still exists. Running Windows 10 and editing the templates in the ACP with the IPS editor and FireFox 92.0.1

Yeah that sounds like the same issue. WIll keep you posted as and when thats resolved

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see my colleague managed to get that resolved for you. Seems it was a bit of an odd one in which we were not fully able to pin down what caused it, so needed some manual intervention. 

On 9/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, Genestoy said:

Marc,

The editing seems to have fixed itself on its own so may have been a server glitch of my hosting company. The extra space added behind the theme name still exists. Running Windows 10 and editing the templates in the ACP with the IPS editor and FireFox 92.0.1

This one it doesnt seem is related to the same problem, on speaking to our developers. I would encourage you to check if there was actually a space after the name when its named in the ACP. Im sure you have already checked that, but need to make sure, and others may have seen that happen to them. All I can say at this point is if you can replicate the issue, please reach out and we can get a ticket opened for you.