Download custom theme from designer's mode or normal mode?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi all,

Is there any difference technical or compatibilty-wise if you download (export) a custom theme from within designer's mode or normal mode? By normal mode I mean syncing the theme back when leaving designer mode.

I've only noticed if you do it with designers mode enabled, you have to retype the name, version etc.

Many thanks!

Thanks for checking this Marc, much appreciated. 

So just to clarify, there is no actual difference whichever way we do the export?

I was wondering if it could be the reason my exported themes seem to have templates from other themes mixed in with them as per my other ticket about non-modified templates showing as modified, but I've noticed rogue templates from other themes also occur when purchasing themes from other providers in the past.

There is a difference:

If you're using the designer mode or IN_DEV, and you download a theme, you'll get a form with fields for the author name and authors homepage, while the download without IN_DEV or designer mode will just download the theme, which isn't a bug per se, but it's confusing, hence the internal suggestion to simplify this.