Group Fitness Anyone?

Olivia Clark

Anyone else enjoy group fitness? I am currently enjoying an in person Barre class 2 days a week and it keeps me motivated to move at home too. Working out with others keeps me accountable, for sure! If I show up, then I have a great workout. 💪

I am of the mindset that “any movement is better than no movement” so I try to do something active each day - walking, basic mat work to a few fun songs, something. I would love to hear what you have in your workout and general movement routines. What keeps you motivated and accountable?  😊

6 minutes ago, Olivia Clark said:

Anyone else enjoy group fitness? I am currently enjoying an in person Barre class 2 days a week and it keeps me motivated to move at home too. Working out with others keeps me accountable, for sure! If I show up, then I have a great workout. 💪

I am of the mindset that “any movement is better than no movement” so I try to do something active each day - walking, basic mat work to a few fun songs, something. I would love to hear what you have in your workout and general movement routines. What keeps you motivated and accountable?  😊

I used to go to classes where I used to live, which I enjoyed. It does keep you motivated if you feel part of a larger community of people who are aiming for their own goals. At the moment though, Im concentrating on my running, so all my sessions are done at home. I do have an 'accountability buddy' that I speak to every week. We basically report back what each of us have been doing the week before, regardless of whether thats good or bad. This also can keep you quite motivated.

I have a rower in my gym that I purchased last year, which I quite like using. Yoga and kettlebell work I also do in my gym. Not as much at the moment though as Im only 3 weeks out from a marathon LOL 

Group fitness works so much better for me than flying solo. Earlier this year, in between switching CrossFit gyms, I worked out solo and it was a struggle for me to get to the gym (and I love working out). When I rejoined CrossFit (at a different box) it was such a game changer. Been going 5-6x a week. 

Nice post @Olivia Clark

1 hour ago, Olivia Clark said:

any movement is better than no movement

👌