Migration from vBulletin, Missing Last 10 Months of Forum

Phil K.
Go to solution Solved by Phil K.,

I migrated from vBulletin 4 using the converter for a self hosted installation. Everything went very smoothly with the single exception that the past 10 months of posts in all forums disappeared. I ran the converter again on just the forum posts and users and it finished nearly instantly with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

On 9/5/2021 at 6:25 AM, Phillip Kocher said:

I migrated from vBulletin 4 using the converter for a self hosted installation. Everything went very smoothly with the single exception that the past 10 months of posts in all forums disappeared. I ran the converter again on just the forum posts and users and it finished nearly instantly with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

That is indeed strange. Conversion should not loose posts. Maybe the content was not rebuilt properly after the conversion. Another thing to check is the ModCp->Deleted Content and Approval Queue. Are they empty or do they contain topics? 

What about the database? Can you check the topics and posts table and see if the latest content is there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi guys, sorry — I could have sworn I had updated this, but just realized I hadn't. It turns out, our database was split on the same day our host migrated their cPanel to a new platform. We were seeing two databases, with one reading 0kb, so we assumed it was a weird empty duplicate. Turns out, not. All the posts from the last ten months were in there.

We just re-ran the converter on that database, deleted duplicate threads, and all is well now!

11 hours ago, Phillip Kocher said:

Hi guys, sorry — I could have sworn I had updated this, but just realized I hadn't. It turns out, our database was split on the same day our host migrated their cPanel to a new platform. We were seeing two databases, with one reading 0kb, so we assumed it was a weird empty duplicate. Turns out, not. All the posts from the last ten months were in there.

We just re-ran the converter on that database, deleted duplicate threads, and all is well now!

Thank you for the update, and glad to see you managed to get the data you needed there