Best caching method for BIG board

Redis would be the only external caching method we have available to set in the ACP now, and is what we use ourselves. We do always say to ensure you are sure you need it, and to ensure that it is actually providing you with a benefit first of all however. Used when it isn't needed can actually be counterproductive. 

On 8/31/2021 at 1:52 AM, Thomas P said:

Hi,

just use (i.e. upgrade to) Redis:

Second try elasticsearch (ES) instead of plain MySQL based Search, you can use it on the same server(s) or offload ES to an external service:

There are more tidbits in the a.m. article 😉

Works well for us, good luck,
Thomas

I paid for elastic search to be installed only to find it isn’t compatible.

6 hours ago, Zone Plate said:

I paid for elastic search to be installed only to find it isn’t compatible.

Not every version of ES is compatible to Invision Community.

Afaik ES up to v7.6 is the version to go for Invision v4.5 and v4.6, works fine for us: the DB is significantly smaller without search index, search results are shown faster and processing power is offloaded; so for us a separate search engine is crucial. Before we used Sphinx with IPB, which worked also well in the past.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:10 AM, Thomas P said:

Not every version of ES is compatible to Invision Community.

Afaik ES up to v7.6 is the version to go for Invision v4.5 and v4.6, works fine for us: the DB is significantly smaller without search index, search results are shown faster and processing power is offloaded; so for us a separate search engine is crucial. Before we used Sphinx with IPB, which worked also well in the past.

I downgraded to 7.6.2.  Did you delete the db search index?

When switching to ES, this is done by the forum software automatically. So: The search index is rebuilt to ES and the DB search index is emptied during that process.
Search is faster and search terms can be shorter. 

Edited by Thomas P