The Monday effect

Hey team, happy Monday. 😏 

I was reading about a phenomenon where we feel a sense of renewal during specific times/days.

For example, on New Year's Day we may feel like a new year is a chance for new beginnings or a fresh start. Same for milestones, like birthdays or graduations.

On a micro-level, the same could be said about every Monday. I'm sure you or someone else you know has said, 'ahh they've got a case of the Mondays' to explain why they're having a bad day. Or, view Monday as a day that's the start of what might be a long work week (as if we can only be our free and authentic selves on the weekends). I'd love for us to re-frame our thinking about my magical friend named Monday. 

It's the start of a new week... what is an intention you can set today that you hope to reap the benefits from come Friday? The idea here is to share a deliberate intention and see if it manifests in your day-to-day life or in your community.

I'll go first: it's my intention to receive some type of good news this week. I'll circle back when it comes. 

Alright fam, humor me. Share an intention and let's see the Monday effect in motion. 

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I missed yesterday, but I always go for the philosophy of "never miss a Monday" when it comes to training. It starts your mindset off for the rest of the week

💯 same. In fact, Monday is one of the best days for training because of exactly what you mentioned - it gets your mind right to take on the new week. 👌 

23 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

I'd love for us to re-frame our thinking about my magical friend named Monday. 

I'm one of those oddballs who looks forward to them! I'm fortunate to enjoy most aspects of how I earn my living, and there's always plenty to do, so Monday is a positive day for me.

20 hours ago, Davyc said:

Never have, it signals the end of the weekend - mind you, now that I'm retired is doesn't make much difference lol.  Still don't like Mondays, especially bank holidays 😉

It says the video is unavailable 😩 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...