Jump to content

Restoring CKEditor's default config breaks stuff


Recommended Posts

So on my test site I just reset my CKEditor buttons to their default configuration, and now I find I am unable to set custom text colours.  I select text, click the Text Color button, and click the More Colors... bar at the bottom of the window - the screen goes light for a split second (as if the color selection window was going to appear), and then reverts.  I can select from the default color tiles, but when I want to enter a custom hex code, nada.  Nuthin'.

Tried disabling all customisations, tried removing the button from the editor config and re-adding it...makes no difference.  Likewise, trying different browsers makes no difference.

I have no idea where this issue comes from (e.g., CKEditor or Invision's implementation of it), so I thought I'd mention it here.

Edited by liquidfractal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Hey @Jim M!  Yes, I used the adminCP reset function.  And I hadn't thought to check the browser console for errors - great catch on that one! 🙂

So it looks as if the button process is trying to load the colordialog code, which doesn't seem to exist:

ckeditor.jpg.90411cb85ab373f9a8a4cd91dd383293.jpg

Could I confirm you are on the latest release first of all? Also, check within Support (top right of ACP) to ensure that there is nothing showing up there. Specifically that its not showing files missing. If you're still not seeing any resolve, please submit a ticket and we can take a look to see what is happening

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could I confirm you are on the latest release first of all? Also, check within Support (top right of ACP) to ensure that there is nothing showing up there. Specifically that its not showing files missing. If you're still not seeing any resolve, please submit a ticket and we can take a look to see what is happening

Hey @Marc Stridgen.  Yes, I'm using the most recent IPB version, 4.6.5.1 (complete with recent patch).  I just tried restoring all buttons to the default configuration once again to be on the safe side and the problem persists.  And the Support page shows no files missing.

I'll submit a ticket.  Thanks for all the followup here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...