Anonymous post help.

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

You mean change the authorship from anonymous to a member? You can only do that by using the CHANGE AUTHOR feature, which isn't available in Forums. You will need to use a plugin for this: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7352-change-post-author/

It is 4.5 yet but this is handled by the Core so it will probably work but I wouldn't buy before make sure it works so ask to the dev.

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is 4.5 yet but this is handled by the Core so it will probably work but I wouldn't buy before make sure it works so ask to the dev.

I can confirm it's working fine with IPS 4.6. However, he won't be able to download it because it's only available for 4.5, so if he buy it now, he won't be able to access it from ACP until the developer makes it available for 4.6.

2 minutes ago, Marco Junior said:

That would not be a plausible solution.
Seeing that the CMS itself allows us to edit and remove this wouldn't be a CMS bug?
Why do they allow us to edit the anonymous status? A bit strange that.
Maybe it's an unresolved bug yet.

The bug to me is display the Post anonymously field when you edit the article. It should appear only when you're creating it. And even you removing the selection, it keeps anonymous.

Same for topics.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It should appear only when you're creating it

I mean, unless they changed it since 4.6.0 when I upgraded my resources.

• Solution

IMO it's fine to show it while editing, I mean what if it was created anonymous by accident or if something shouldn't be anonymous anymore, but I would prefer if it would be an extra setting or a moderator permission to control who's able to toggle the anonymous flag while editing existing content.

That said, I have brought this up internally.

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 9:38 PM, MythonPonty said:

Any news here Daniel ? Would be great when an extra setting comes with a future update !

Note, while this was brought up internally that is not to say that it will be added, and if so it may be a number of versions before it is. At present this is working as intended