Global Site Sidebar

Jarrod Davis

I would like to have a global site sidebar option, where if enabled, the sidebar shows up everywhere its enabled to show. This way I can set widgets that I want to show up everyone in one place. On my site (https://tinybiggames.com) I have to set the same widgets in so many places and if I need to change something, I have to go to every location and make that  change which get tedious. I've done this 3-5 times already today, arrrrrrrg.

I guess something like a sidebar options page showing all the areas where a sidebar exists and you can tick if you want to use global sidebar everywhere or enable it for the specific one.

Edited by Jarrod Davis

Bit of a fiddle but this will give you what you need in a roundabout way.

You can use it to inject code or IPS blocks and templates anywhere on the site and it's controller and url sensitive too. It's not been updated for a while as the author was/is? ill, but the support forum has an entry stating it appears to be 4.6 compatible.

Nice site by the way. Very cool.

Chris

2 hours ago, christopher-w said:

Bit of a fiddle but this will give you what you need in a roundabout way.

You can use it to inject code or IPS blocks and templates anywhere on the site and it's controller and url sensitive too. It's not been updated for a while as the author was/is? ill, but the support forum has an entry stating it appears to be 4.6 compatible.

Nice site by the way. Very cool.

Chris

Hi, ok, cool. I will check this out.

Oh, thanks, yeah, it's coming together nicely.