send an email to all members - it's a forum post, not blast

Is there a way to write a forum post that will go out to all the invision community members? 

I know about the email blast, but I would like to have something that stays in the forum as well - so they can find it in their email and then have reference in the forum. 

Is that possible- to post in the forum that emails all members? 

Or is the only option to write the email blast and copy / paste into the forum?

would love some suggestions or ideas on how you have handled this. 

Have you considered creating a post and then in your e-mail, linking back to that post (or copying the post verbatim)?

I would recommend using this workflow or similar over automating posting in a forum immediately emailing all your users. You probably would benefit from the extra overhead of being sure you want to send out that many e-mails.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, Rebecca Jorgensen said:

Is there a way to write a forum post that will go out to all the invision community members? 

I know about the email blast, but I would like to have something that stays in the forum as well - so they can find it in their email and then have reference in the forum. 

Is that possible- to post in the forum that emails all members? 

Or is the only option to write the email blast and copy / paste into the forum?

would love some suggestions or ideas on how you have handled this. 

Hey there! Great question.  

I personally use Group Mention in the Marketplace for something like this. 

If I really need all my members to see a topic, but I don't want to send it as an email (you still can of course), then I can tag all the Groups and it will send each member in those Groups a notification in the community that they were tagged in the topic - they usually go right away to see what's up. 

This version is 4.5. But I do believe it's being reviewed for a 4.6 release. 👍 

A native option is to make it an 'announcement' (done so in the moderator CP) and link to the topic. The announcement will show up wherever you specify (can be at the top of the page, and shown everywhere if you like). 

LMK what you think!