[4.6.5.1] WhosOnline widget didn't work

Hi,

after updating to 4.6.5.1 the WhosOnline widget has stopped working, it shows the number of guests but no longer users - it also doesn't add us to the list.

Changes in new version - https://www.diffchecker.com/h8DBM9Ck

Data storage -> File system / Caching -> None

Only Redis works ;/

image.png.2c7d36f287b4a72b86c28db43db9ffe2.png

$users = empty array

Edited by daffyy

It seems to depend on the "Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks" option now. I am using the value "1 minute". If earlier the widget displayed actual information with each page refresh, now I need to wait 1 minute to see myself in the list of online users.
In fact, the latest versions have very big problems with caching.

8 hours ago, Jeffrey Roberts said:

The patch did not seem to solve the problem completely for me.

It did show others at first and then after a few minutes and many page refreshes, it started to show me.

This seems like different behavior than how it used to work.

6 hours ago, Hatsu said:

No, issue is back. Patch didn't fix it.

works for me, maybe you have too much caching time

6 hours ago, daffyy said:

works for me, maybe you have too much caching time

I don't cache at all.

Somehow the behaviour changed.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Roberts said:

I have 1 minute of caching time for Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks.

I get the feeling too that caching seems to be broken.

If this is the case then this specific block is not of real use anymore. There are blocks where caching is important and there are blocks it isn't. I'm not interested to see who WAS online 15 minutes ago, for example.

Edited by Hatsu

13 hours ago, Hatsu said:

I'm not interested to see who WAS online 15 minutes ago, for example.

This block always showed those who have been online in the last 30 minutes.

The problem is that now this block is cached and depends on the "Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks" setting. Members of my site complain that they do not see themselves in the list of online users. It should take a few minutes before they are displayed in the block. Previously, everything worked fine, but after updating to 4.6, cache problems started. In the latest versions of the engine, the developers made such strong page caching that editing posts using ajax did not even work on my site. I even had to add this code to the globalTemplate, otherwise editing doesn't work and the page was fetched from the cache every time:

<script>      
$.ajaxSetup({
  cache: false
});
</script>

Edited by Takohashi

FYI:

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are aware of an issue which is impacting the whos online block and will have a fix for it in an upcoming maintenance release.

While this request will show as "solved" and I do not currently have an ETA for resolution of the bug, rest assured it will be addressed. 

• 1 month later...