Make thumbnail images smaller

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hey there,

I'm trying to optimize my community and I see that this lines load a thumbnail of the original imagen with a maximum of 500px with.

{file="$record->_record_image_thumb" extension="cms_Records"}

Is there any parameter or setting to build it, for instance, with a maximum of 200px?

Cheers,

Ibai

21 minutes ago, opentype said:

You can change the default value in the database settings. But it will only work for new uploads. 

So it's no possible to parametrize... The point is that usually widgets load smaller images, and about 50px width... so loading a 500px width image I guess it's not the best idea.

In fact, the Google PageSpeed tool always is suggesting that I'm loading too heavy images...

Any idea? I only want to change this for certain widgets.

Any how, how can I change that parameter in Databae settings? Where's that option?

Thanks!!

• Solution
10 hours ago, Ibai said:

So it's no possible to parametrize...

No. The images (thumbnail + hires) are created when you upload the image. You can’t call a different size. 

10 hours ago, Ibai said:

Any how, how can I change that parameter in Databae settings? Where's that option?

Database settings → Options tab 

1107908198_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-28um08_40_47.thumb.png.b9c0e86aeed5d46ecdf43d04d0c44daa.png

8 hours ago, opentype said:

No. The images (thumbnail + hires) are created when you upload the image. You can’t call a different size. 

Database settings → Options tab 

1107908198_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-28um08_40_47.thumb.png.b9c0e86aeed5d46ecdf43d04d0c44daa.png

Many thanks! 

Is this your set up? Isn't that too big? Usually thumbnails in widgets are way more smaller. This makes Google PageSpeed to argue because of the size 😓

Google’s tool is just a machine. I wouldn’t obsess about making it happy. The smallest possible images might not be the best possible images for the users. And if you re-use the same image in a widget as on the database listing view, that’s an advantage! The images are already present!

2 hours ago, opentype said:

Google’s tool is just a machine. I wouldn’t obsess about making it happy. The smallest possible images might not be the best possible images for the users. And if you re-use the same image in a widget as on the database listing view, that’s an advantage! The images are already present!

Fine, thanks! Cache makes sense!

Anyhow, I've made a bit smaller Database thumbnails with the tip you shared.

What about downloads? I am not able to find this settings in Files. :-s