Official support for Alipay, with subscriptions

Interferon

We would like to begin using Alipay to reach more worldwide customers and not be bound to American systems:
https://intl.alipay.com/

I believe Alibaba is something like 3x bigger than Amazon.

I know this is supported somehow through Stripe, but the whole point is to be able to operate in the Asian system without going through American intermediaries.

Edited by Interferon

• 7 months later...

The most reliable way now is cryptocurrencies.

It is worth saying that I talked with Alipay support to dev Alipay gateway and this is what they answered:

For Internet, Computer & Digital Services, we would need to cooperate with you through a 3rd party payment service provider (acquirer) if you wish to continue our payment service in your online store. Below is a list of qualified Alipay partner(s) who has/ have already worked with us and can support Alipay-like payments for your consideration, please kindly contact them directly for access Alipay.

Skrill Limited

UK

www.skrill.com

Worldpay Inc

UK

www.worldpay.com

Stripe

US

www.stripe.com

Of course the Crypto systems do not support subscriptions, and subscriptions are the only viable model for Internet business today.

It's also a lot of extra steps for customers in other countries who just want to pay with their credit card.

I think it is very unlikely Russia will be the last country PayPal decides to create unofficial privatized sanctions for.

Edited by Interferon