Suggestion on expanding the new "rules" feature...

superaven

First off, thank you adding this new Rulers feature under Achievements. Very, very cool and fits well with the trend towards gamification I see happening all over. I can see this potentially giving forums a little better chance in fighting social media platforms for users with stuff like this.

This said, I'd love to see some options to affect user groups, both positive and negative or otherwise tapping into existing forum features, which I suppose is a sort of blending of your new Rules feature and the Automatic Moderation or tapping into other stuff like promotions, warnings, etc.

Example...

Positive: If user passes xx reputation and / or receives x badge, then user is promoted to xx group.

So by way of doing this, we can provide incentives since groups can already allow access to hidden areas, etc. On the flip side, we can already Auto Moderate so I can build out something like:

If Member is in groups Members and reputation is less than 50 and receives 3 points, content is moderated.

But what if we extended this into the warning system? So...

If Member is in groups Members and reputation is less than 50 and receives negative xx reaction within xx time, user is warned.

If Member is in groups Members and has received X warning in the last x days, user is suspended for xx days.

And further...

If Member is in groups Members and has received X warnings in the last x days, user is banned.

What about communication triggers...

If Member receives X promotion, message the user with X message.

or optionally...

If Member receives X promotion, email the user with X message.

No doubt this is a new feature and will evolve with time and likely you guys are already thinking of all this, but if not... There's so many great features already built into the Fortum system already that this new Rules feature would be exponentially more powerful if it could tap into some of these existing features. I'd love to be able to setup Rules that go beyond just assigning badges / merit and so that I could automate the reward or consequence of user behavior through the use of access or privilege as described above.

Anyhow, keep on keeping on...

Thanks!