Two Factor Authentication not working?

Hi.

Anyone having trouble with two factor authentication? I'm on 4.6.4 and when the authentication window comes up (on the admin side) when I type in the response, it won't let me through. I had to authenticate via email. It has done this consistently since yesterday.

Thoughts anyone?

Thx!!

3 hours ago, Giray said:

Hi.

Anyone having trouble with two factor authentication? I'm on 4.6.4 and when the authentication window comes up (on the admin side) when I type in the response, it won't let me through. I had to authenticate via email. It has done this consistently since yesterday.

Thoughts anyone?

Thx!!

Don't press the enter/return key after typing your code - click the 'Verify Code' button instead.

No idea if it's an intentional change, but the addition of the X to close the box makes me think it is 'working as intended' in its current state.

Ignore, I see it's been patched.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Hi Adriano,

Before figuring out that the TFA problem was on Invision's side, I made the stupid mistake of trying to debug and uninstalled your TFA masking plugin. The problem is that now when I go to install it again, IPS asks for version and when I say 4.6 it won't let me 😞 Not sure if you have to simply add something on the ips side? Definitely not urgent!!

9 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi Adriano,

Before figuring out that the TFA problem was on Invision's side, I made the stupid mistake of trying to debug and uninstalled your TFA masking plugin. The problem is that now when I go to install it again, IPS asks for version and when I say 4.6 it won't let me 😞 Not sure if you have to simply add something on the ips side? Definitely not urgent!!

Sorry @Giray, I don't have any of my free plugins, as I didn't keep them. As we, as developers, can't download not even our own files, this (and all other free or paid from TheJackal84) are now unsupported.

@Giray, you can make a template edit to accomplish that. Edit your theme and open the core -> global -> login -> securityQuestionsAuth template and find:

<input type="text" name="security_answer" autocomplete="off" {{if request.security_answer}}class="ipsField_error"{{endif}}>

And change to:

<input type="password" name="security_answer" autocomplete="off" {{if request.security_answer}}class="ipsField_error"{{endif}}>