Default file version number

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Is there any way to remove the default version of 1.0.0 that the software gives all new files? We want versions to be an optional field but it currently forces a 1.0.0 unless deleted on the form itself. That may seem trivial, but most people will not even notice it there to remove it and I'd prefer to make the file pages look clean without them all having 1.0.0.

I've looked in the theme templates but there is no mention of the code:

<input type="text" name="file_version" value="1.0.0" id="elInput_file_version" maxlength="32">

Hopefully there's an easy way to remove that value that I'm overlooking.

21 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Give this a go - tested with a field called 'file_version' but untested on Downloads as I don't use it. However, it should do the job.

(NE) Downloads - no default version number.xml 2.05 kB · 2 downloads

Perfect! Thanks so much!

21 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

There's a per category setting to remove the file versioning:

I want it enabled, but optional. Like I said, it forces a 1.0.0 version and I only wanted it optional. The above plugin worked perfectly.

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Give this a go - tested with a field called 'file_version' but untested on Downloads as I don't use it. However, it should do the job.

(NE) Downloads - no default version number.xmlUnavailable

I'm curious if you'd be able to do something else similar to this. Would it be possible to carry over the content of the previous version's changelog when submitting a new version of a file? That way a user can add the changes to the previous version's list of changes.