Page Builder: Media Embed - Override Max Video Width Setting

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hello,

I am trying to add some videos to my Pages and I keep running into the issue of the embedded videos not fitting correctly.  I need the videos that are placed via the Page Builder: Media Embed block to allow a custom width as enabling an unlimited width via my Admin CP settings makes all the topics that contain videos a bit overkill in size.  I see that I can add custom css to the block, but I do not see how I can change the class and the custom css does not override the theme's css coding from what I can tell.  I created an HTML block for some videos and gave them a class with custom css via the theme and all that worked well, but this is not ideal for my use.

Am I missing something simple that would allow the block to bypass the Admin CP's maximum video width setting?

• Solution
25 minutes ago, UncrownedGuard said:

Am I missing something simple that would allow the block to bypass the Admin CP's maximum video width setting?

The default custom CSS for the block looks something like this:

.app_cms_pagebuilderoembed_mp1qzgnrk {

}

Change it to:

.app_cms_pagebuilderoembed_mp1qzgnrk .ipsEmbeddedVideo {
	width:50%;
}

Just to give you an idea. Don’t copy this code. Targeting the .ipsEmbeddedVideo is the key. 

12 minutes ago, opentype said:

The default custom CSS for the block looks something like this:

.app_cms_pagebuilderoembed_mp1qzgnrk {

}

Change it to:

.app_cms_pagebuilderoembed_mp1qzgnrk .ipsEmbeddedVideo {
	width:50%;
}

Just to give you an idea. Don’t copy this code. Targeting the .ipsEmbeddedVideo is the key. 

All I had to do was move my class to the header?  I feel dumb.  You are my hero today!  Worked like a charm!