(NE) Show post image in Activity Streams/Search Results

• 3 weeks later...

I don't run a site that is image heavy, so no demo site.

1 minute ago, opentype said:

Is it using thumbnails or full images?

Full image, at present. There is no thumbnail item available within a posts "contentImages()" (I believe this might be something you've enquired about previously on here, possibly when working on your own implementation?)

I am looking into something that might allow me to find the thumbnail though 😉

3 minutes ago, opentype said:

How are the images displayed? E.g. will a tall portrait image be cropped or stretch the post?

No cropping involved. Some screenshots - this is the default:

image.png.8a9c0ffe3f42d72cbd867b429ceadcc3.png

But there is a setting available in the ACP to control that column width....the above is 'narrow'

This is 'wide'

image.thumb.png.a4c6cf0e2f46423c1d7842e1ed994e74.png

this is 'very wide'

image.png.679582c4650c706497d387e31a797352.png

This is 'fluid'

image.thumb.png.80bb2afe4a349367ee6df3153ef55075.png

13 minutes ago, opentype said:

Can I target that implementation via CSS for customizations?

The image itself has a class applied ("nepluginstreams" - must change that name, actually) - I could add some add some elsewhere in the template though, if needed.

If you purchase this application and are currently unable to install it, this is an issue on IPS' side caused by the deletion of the uploaded file during the approval process and is being dealt with via a ticket I raised with them.

I uploaded the file to the resource again recently, and I am still awaiting that to be approved (same version as the one that was approved, and ultimately 'lost')

Edited by Nathan Explosion
On 7/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

If you purchase this application and are currently unable to install it, this is an issue on IPS' side caused by the deletion of the uploaded file during the approval process and is being dealt with via a ticket I raised with them.

I uploaded the file to the resource again recently, and I am still awaiting that to be approved (same version as the one that was approved, and ultimately 'lost')

ok

let me know when it has been approved

thanks

On 7/29/2021 at 1:19 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

The above issue is now resolved and v1.0.2 of the application is now available for installation from the Marketplace.

Now that this is issue is resolved v1.1.0 will be worked on next and will have the following in it:

1. A little tweak in it to assist with the following situation:
    • First post in a topic has an image
    • Activity Stream is configured to "Show content items only"
    • Entry for the topic, which shows the last reply, doesn't display an image as the last reply doesn't contain an image
    • The tweak I am putting in will allow you to choose to show the image from the first post, or an image from the latest post to contain an image.
    • Issue mentioned can be 'avoided' by using the "Show content items, review and comments" setting instead as that displays an entry for each post from a topic.
  2. The linked image used in the stream/search results will be he stored thumbnail of the image, and not the image itself (required a little trickery to figure this one out, as the thumbnail is not available by default)
  3. Addition of some extra CSS selectors.

An issue reported via PM will be looked into:

for Club forum posts, it creates a placeholder even though there is no attachment:

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 1 month later...

Update on the progress of v1.1.0 of this application:

• Items 1 & 2 above are proving problematic due to what appears to be a caching issue with some calls I am making to IPS functionality to retrieve topic image information (I'm making use of the 'Topic Summary' functionality to achieve these items)
    • What I am doing works if the correct topic image information is returned, but getting that correct information is the issue.
    • I'm going to keep plugging away on it to see what I can do.
  • Item 3 above is added
  • "for Club forum posts, it creates a placeholder even though there is no attachment" is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

v1.0.3 has been submitted for approval

• FIXES
    • Empty placeholder no longer displayed when a Club forum post contains no image attachments
  • CHANGES
    • Template modified to add a CSS class to the container DIV for the image ('nePostImageInStreamContainer')
    • Template/css modified to change CSS class of IMG from 'nepluginstreams' to 'nePostImageInStreamImage'
    • Template modified to add loading='lazy' to IMG tag

v1.1.0 is still on the agenda but only once https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/463366-topic-imageattachments-fun-games/?tab=comments#comment-2866812 has been fixed, and will add the following:

• A little tweak in it to assist with the following situation:
    • Entry for the topic, which shows the last reply, doesn't display an image as the last reply doesn't contain an image
    • The tweak I am putting in will allow you to choose to show the image from the first post, or an image from the latest post to contain an image.
    • Issue mentioned can be 'avoided' by using the "Show content items, review and comments" setting instead as that displays an entry for each post from a topic.
  • The linked image used in the stream/search results will be the stored thumbnail of the image, and not the image itself (required a little trickery to figure this one out, as the thumbnail is not available by default)

• 5 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 3:27 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

v1.0.3 has been submitted for approval

• FIXES
    • Empty placeholder no longer displayed when a Club forum post contains no image attachments
  • CHANGES
    • Template modified to add a CSS class to the container DIV for the image ('nePostImageInStreamContainer')
    • Template/css modified to change CSS class of IMG from 'nepluginstreams' to 'nePostImageInStreamImage'
    • Template modified to add loading='lazy' to IMG tag

v1.1.0 is still on the agenda but only once https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/463366-topic-imageattachments-fun-games/?tab=comments#comment-2866812 has been fixed, and will add the following:

• A little tweak in it to assist with the following situation:
  • The linked image used in the stream/search results will be the stored thumbnail of the image, and not the image itself (required a little trickery to figure this one out, as the thumbnail is not available by default)

as it looks like the cache issue  has now been fixed

am wondering if there is a possible release date planned for v1.1.0

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...