1. bradl

bradl

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By LiamH
      Firstly, I love the new badges and rules. They are an awesome way for us to reward and motivate our users but I feel like the system could be taken so much further. I'd really love to see more flexibility over the rules for badges. At the moment, the parameters are pretty vague. It would be super helpful if we could set more specific rules. For example, allowing users who post in a specific thread, join a specific club, login on a specific date, make a certain profile customization to receive a badge. Secondly, I think it would be awesome to attach forum perks to those who have received specific badges and/or accumulated so many points/ranks. For example, additional post reactions, additional user privileges, colored usernames etc.

Would also be super cool if users could select 1 of their badges to display below their username/avatars next to their posts.
    • By GazzaGarratt
      I've been trying to create my own ranks and badges but it would massively help if some people here could share the standard sizes they should be given we want to make good use of them and keep them clear and shiny as much as want to!
      Cheers!
    • By Dll
      Since 4.6.6 ranks and badges are now visible during a rebuild, is this by design or a bug?
      I'm hoping it's a bug, as it creates confusion. 
    • By marklcfc
      It would be useful to be able to click on the badges in profiles and see a list of members who have earnt that badge, or at least the manually awarded ones if not all.
    • By GazzaGarratt
      Whilst we wait to get more functionality and diversity with the Achievements section (which I think we have a great foundation btw), one thing is ultimately needed to bridge the gap until we find creative automated ways to earn badges.
      When you award a Badge manually, unless you have a real specific name, it is unclear what it is for. If Badges had the description box, like when you have an automated Rule, then it would make total sense to the member.

This approach will futureproof achievements as a tactical way of using manual badges until you get to a point when you can automate a badge. Especially so, if badges relate to other content that isn't tangible like a post or topic on your website.
      Can someone confirm if this is planned or needs anything to raise the profile of this higher?