Upgrading to 4.6.3 screwed up my forum!

4 hours ago, bradybarrows said:

Updated to 4.6.3 and the only issue I found was not being able to edit PAGES (the little gray arrow button on the left side of the screen was missing). I waited one day and then the little gray arrow button returned!). I think it takes a while for everything to reset. Other than that issue, 4.6.3 is working fine. 

It was most likely a system cache that updated. Next time just go into the ACP and have it rebuild caches. That fixed my issue. 

7 hours ago, AlphaWulfx said:

4.62 to 4.63 now people can no longer register when the fill out form and hit submit is just sits there!!

I'm having this same issue.

It just spins and spins and spins.

I've not updated my main site, but this is another site that I did update, and when they try to create an account, the spinner spins and the account is never created.

Edited by iacas

16 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Are there any logged errors in your system log? Could you please submit a ticket ? 

Yes, I have a few PayPal related errors, but nothing seems amiss there. I'll dig into it more later.

One of the recent ones is:

{"name":"INVALID_RESOURCE_ID","message":"Requested resource ID was not found.","information_link":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/payments/#errors","debug_id":"8562bab063c59"}
There was an error processing the payment. Please try a different payment method or contact us for assistance.

The user isn't asked about payment yet, though.

11 hours ago, AlphaWulfx said:

4.62 to 4.63 now people can no longer register when the fill out form and hit submit is just sits there!!

4 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm having this same issue.

It just spins and spins and spins.

I've not updated my main site, but this is another site that I did update, and when they try to create an account, the spinner spins and the account is never created.

This issue appears to be caused by invisible recaptcha, switching to recaptcha 2 will fix the issue. We're still looking into the issue of whether it's a Google problem or something we need to fix. 

We've made an optional patch available to address this (and issues with the admincp upgrade when PHP 8 is used), go to AdminCP > Support > and click optional update in the  'Invision Community' block.

The captcha issue did only affect specific configurations of the registration form where the full form was in use (instead of quick registration).

@Stuart Silvester It appears that  a site enabling PHP 8 TODAY "might" be problematic as some of the marketplace apps being released as well as your software might have some lines of code that need to be changed to be compatible. Maybe testing your software and approval of marketplace apps might need to be changed to better ferret out those elusive lines of code. 

How has your process and procedures changed to minimize the occurrences of non PHP 8 compatible code being included in your codebase and marketplace developer's submissions?  What problems still lie undiscovered and what can we all do to help ferret out all of the potential problems as expeditiously as we can. This might best be addressed in a separate forum posting to include more of the community.

Another thing I have to wonder is how compatible with PHP 8 are all of the third-party addons that the software suite utilizes.  Jumping to PHP 8 TODAY might not be the most prudent course of action for everyone to take.  I'm certainly going to hold off for a few months, maybe others should consider it as well...

Edited by Chris Anderson

We've made an optional patch available to address this …

From my point of view, situations like this call for an emergency email or front end push message to ALL admins. I installed the update on 5 sites and had no idea it had effectively deactivated sign-ups on all of them. (I don’t use quick-registration) And this includes sites with like 100 new members a day (and potential clients which might never come back). If I hadn’t seen this topic, the problem might have persisted for days, if not weeks. There isn’t even a backend warning. Having the main registration form working isn’t “optional” as the grey “optional update” link suggest, it’s absolutely CRUCIAL. 

Edited by opentype

1 hour ago, opentype said:

From my point of view, situations like this call for an emergency email or front end push message to ALL admins. I installed the update on 5 sites and had no idea it had effectively deactivated sign-ups on all of them. (I don’t use quick-registration) And this includes sites with like 100 new members a day (and potential clients which might never come back). If I hadn’t seen this topic, the problem might have persisted for days, if not weeks. There isn’t even a backend warning. Having the main registration form working isn’t “optional” as the grey “optional update” link suggest, it’s absolutely CRUCIAL. 

You're absolutely right, I was using the same terminology the health dashboard uses.

We have pushed out a bulletin to those affected but it may take a few hours to display (depending on when the community checks for new bulletins).

4 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

We have pushed out a bulletin to those affected

@Stuart Silvester Did you by chance update this site?  I'm getting an PayPal Error:

Is the problem being noted on this site related to the hotfix you just released?  Did you include the hotfix in the upgrade script? With a three day weekend coming up have your customers been alerted to any problems they should be aware of and maybe advice folks not to update their site until next week? I hate to have people update their site and think everything is well with their site when it might not be and have only a skeleton support team to address any problems that might pop up.

Edited by Chris Anderson

Patches are always included in the client area download and upgrade via the client area.

As usual over holidays, our support agents will be available for any urgent issues but response for other general requests may be delayed.

The PayPal error is very clearly an issue on their side, other customers have been using the marketplace successfully both before you tried and after you tried.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:30 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

We've made an optional patch available to address this (and issues with the admincp upgrade when PHP 8 is used), go to AdminCP > Support > and click optional update in the  'Invision Community' block.

The captcha issue did only affect specific configurations of the registration form where the full form was in use (instead of quick registration).

Updating to this deleted a ton of essential Js files for some reason. The updater reported successful upgrade and yet it left our forum completely broken. Very strange. We reverted to a backup for now but I’m curious if anyone else had that issue. 

I upgraded one of my live community sites from v4.5.4.2 to v4.6.3 yesterday, the first I've done and although the upgrade went smoothly (I downloaded the full zip), afterwards I found it feels like a Release Candidate. 

Of course the full suite is around 18MB or so compressed, so an incredible number of lines of code in there, so bugs 🐜 are unsurprising.

I only have 24 members on this site, despite the background task completing after rebuilding achievements from day 1, it's still reporting:

Ranks are being recalculated. We'll show your current rank here soon.

860AA77B-3442-4BAF-A645-41B4111D55EF.thumb.jpeg.0a868cfdc0e7baa9fb362c78e9cd8917.jpeg

I had an issue in 4.5.4.2 with RSS feed import task hanging and it was attributed to a minor issue with the feed but one that would be better handled in 4.6. After deleting all feed imports, I still had the same issue, so after upgrading to to 4.6.3 I noticed despite having no RSS imports configured, the RSS Import task is still locking. May have to submit another ticket for that one.

The AWS S3 transfer facility is also still a little unreliable, I lost a lot of cover images (2 whole categories full), all Forum Grid images, Gallery and Pages images moving from one S3 UK bucket to another UK bucket using 4.6.3.

What still really bugs me about the S3 facility at basic level is that it bucks the trend (at least by Wordpress plugin standards) by moving your actual original images from localhost to S3, instead of offering to create copies which is much safer. If it goes wrong and it does, you lose your original images. So I was hoping that this had been improved by 4.6. Also the S3 file logs are still pretty vague too, they don't even have the time only a date, let alone the anything that can help identify the cause of transfer failure issue, plus multiple S3 buckets are still called by the same name.

Edited by The Old Man

My 4.5 to 4.6 upgrade hassle continues..!

Despite having only 24 registered members on this particular site, and no background task running, its now been 4 days since 4.6 has been saying "Ranks are being recalculated. We'll show your current rank here soon."! What the heck?

F77A933A-EBAA-4BC0-95AA-85994C46ED83.jpeg.0c7b2bd1d3d26f387f92d5b01d863b1a.jpeg

Anyone having issues changing their constants.php file to enable Redis caching?

Just tried and it won't accept I've changed the constants file, it keeps telling me to do it, but I'm watching it using the dedicated and passworded Redis connection I set up for it live via Netdata! I edited the existing constants.php first (complete replacement) and now downloaded and uploaded via FTP the generated file, but it still won't have it!

707255C7-2775-4AFF-A5A8-B465E122758A.thumb.jpeg.b380867ddbc5ab6b8174ae5283314f62.jpeg

D943446D-DD3F-42AA-ACB5-DC97E92410C7.thumb.jpeg.f853f797ccfcaf9fb1839ab2669acade.jpeg

Now discovered 340 images missing from one Gallery category alone, lots more throughout my site. I've set all file storage locations back to my server from S3 but somehow there's 100's of files and folders left marooned on S3. I have plenty of backups, it's just so time consuming.

When I first tried 4.6 as a clean new install, the installer was broken, it kept insisting I change the permissions on the datastore folder to 0777 (yike!), yet when I FTP'd into it I found its because the installer had completely failed to create the datastore folder in the first place! I manually created with default 0755 permissions and the installer let me proceed.

Then My first attempt to sign in to the AdminCP failed, never seen this error before!

63D2CF52-63E0-4BAF-82A4-6D4930287B3C.thumb.jpeg.55bc3cac76b75851fb8d0a7aac8479b3.jpeg

Eventually I was able to gain access.

Some very minor bugs still in 4.6.3:

An AdminCP live search for WebP fails to produce any results, yet it's a setting mentioned in the Files > Image Settings page (JPG and WebP Quality).

Search AdminCP live search for the word image and it shows a missing language string for [Gallery] gallery_medium_dims

I also ran into this issue today.  I tried running an upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6.3 and my website is no longer responding.  No admin page, no regular page...  it's just dark.

I am using invisible captcha ...  is there a way to disable this so I can finalize the upgrade?

9 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

I tried running an upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6.3 and my website is no longer responding. 

You might consider reverting back to 4.5 using the full backup you made prior to attempting to upgrade to 4.6.3 and wait for the next release.  If you put in a trouble ticket tonight it might take several days before IPS staff have an opportunity to help you troubleshoot.

3 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

You might consider reverting back to 4.5 using the full backup you made prior to attempting to upgrade to 4.6.3 and wait for the next release.  If you put in a trouble ticket tonight it might take several days before IPS staff have an opportunity to help you troubleshoot.

Aack..  ok thanks I will revert back then.  Appreciate having this thread...  

Well, I'm amazed. Came back to my IPS 4.6.3 and noticed the achievements are finally showing!

E69765B7-9504-402C-A9D8-722530AF95AD.thumb.jpeg.a8496b5d1789df1c4bc9586c83b022d0.jpeg

I had just created a new Pages article database and page to display it, perhaps that's what caused it to sudden display the achievements.

Also despite the AdminCP earlier insisting otherwise in terms of not accepting I'd updated my constants file, the Redis cache is listed as active and working on the Support Dashboard.

Still showing I have a locked RSS Import task though, even though I keep unlocking it and I don't have any RSS imports at the time...

C9451D89-3F16-484E-8B7A-6CC5E732237B.thumb.jpeg.e9bab8d65e62479db907539a83eff29d.jpeg

Edited by The Old Man