Member title / ranks suggestion

marklcfc

Make it possible to turn off the rank icon on photos and display the text from the new rank system instead so it can show under the username on desktop/tablet as it used to.

Also make it possible to allow user to edit their rank title once they’ve reached the top rank, or by allowing us to set which rank is editable.

Edited by marklcfc

@Matt @Charles, this is the only thing that's stopping me upgrading. I like the new ranks system but it should have been merged properly with old member titles, just by simply allowing the title to be edited and having an alternative way to display it as text under the username. I think you overlooked how good a feature it was. lots of my members will miss having their own custom titles.

Edited by marklcfc

I'm aware of that @Dean but there is still no solution, member titles are not working as they did previously, they don't display under the username or change after a certain post count as far as I'm aware.

Edited by marklcfc

3 hours ago, marklcfc said:

I'm aware of that @Dean but there is still no solution, member titles are not working as they did previously, they don't display under the username or change after a certain post count as far as I'm aware.

ACP -> member settings -> Profiles -> Create New ->
Field name "Member Title"
Group: Retained
Field type: Text.
Show on member's profile: Show to all
Show with member's content submissions: Show to all.   
We also enabled every user to modify it.

And we also didn't want the "Member title" text on every profile. So we changed the Custom topic formatting: {$content}

Edited by NerdCore

I know that's a workaround but it doesn't appear where I want it and just looks wrong below the post count, also its pointless as the whole idea of the Member Title was for it to work as the ranks do now and then eventually, edit the title themselves once they've reached the top rank.

I can't believe anyone who liked the member title feature would be happy with the above.

The ideal situation is to merge the original member title and ranks together, so that the rank title is editable once they've reached top rank / or admin can decide which rank title is editable. I can't be the only one who doesn't want the rank images to show on every users photo, but does want to make use of the rank system to keep the rank title progression displaying below username.