Custom Errors

This application allows creating custom 404 (Not found) or 403 (No permissions) pages.

Features:

• Enable / disable per error type
  • Choose groups to show the custom error page to
  • Translatable custom title
  • Custom image
  • Translatable custom message (WYSIWYG editor)
  • (Optionally) Show search form on 404 (Not found) page
  • (Optionally) Show "Our picks" block on 404 (Not found) page
  • (Optionally) Show "Sign in/Sign up" block on 403 (No permissions) page
  • Enable logs to track error pages views and URLs
  • Set pruning timeframe for the log history

Edited by Sonya*
1 hour ago, Schaken said:

I just downloaded this. I use the downloads section mainly on my site, when this is enabled, instead of downloading a file, it goes to the 404 page. I had to disable it so people can use my site again.

Thanks, I will look into it.

3 hours ago, Schaken said:

I use the downloads section mainly on my site, when this is enabled, instead of downloading a file, it goes to the 404 page.

I have checked it on 4.6 without any modification and cannot reproduce. 

This application does not actually create any errors itself. It just catches 404/403 errors, logs them and makes a nice output for them. 

On 7/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Sonya* said:

I have checked it on 4.6 without any modification and cannot reproduce. 

This application does not actually create any errors itself. It just catches 404/403 errors, logs them and makes a nice output for them. 

I done some heavy testing and i got it pinpointed pretty well. In my files section on my site, in certain categories, files can only be downloaded if they are in a group, which is given to them with a subscription plan. so if someone is not in the group, it would normally just give them my error saying that they need to join a subscription, but with this enabled, it instead gives them a 404.

though might i add, they were getting an awesome 404 page, thanks to you! lol. It works great, but I think I have my site setup a little different than most peoples so i run into alot of funny situations

2 hours ago, Schaken said:

In my files section on my site, in certain categories, files can only be downloaded if they are in a group, which is given to them with a subscription plan. so if someone is not in the group, it would normally just give them my error saying that they need to join a subscription, but with this enabled, it instead gives them a 404.

I will try to reproduce this. Thank!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, StuartSafe said:

I seem to be getting 404 errors when a guest tries to view a forum guests don't have permission to view - I was expecting a 403 error page for this. Please advise what I'm doing wrong.

Can you please test, what error page is shown, if the app is disabled? This app does not replace error codes, only the output. 

17 hours ago, Sonya* said:

Can you please test, what error page is shown, if the app is disabled? This app does not replace error codes, only the output. 

I didn't think to look at that Sonya, it's a 404. It only seems to be topics that get a 403 if trying to access without permission - Categories and forums return a 404 😕