Anonymously posting - members can stalk who is it

Hey,

We love the new feature, but we also noticed that since we have some active members who love to stalk the online list to see where are the current users right now and what are they doing.
They told us that they found out who posted x post as anonymously, because of this method.
Is there a way to disable online list only for x forum section, or what should we do?

One way would be to allow members to login anonymously, but that is something we don't want to enable globally. We would only want one section to be fully anonymously, for the members.
We looked at the marketplace and didn't see anything regarding this. Does anyone have any tips or ideas how to solve this problem?

It appears the feature is not properly planned and integrated. My members alerted me that when an anonymous user quotes them or likes their post they can see the anonymous user's username. This needs to be addressed. I was very excited to implement it and make an official announcement only to learn that the feature does not actually work as it should at all.

11 hours ago, virap said:

It appears the feature is not properly planned and integrated. My members alerted me that when an anonymous user quotes them or likes their post they can see the anonymous user's username. This needs to be addressed. I was very excited to implement it and make an official announcement only to learn that the feature does not actually work as it should at all.

Indeed, if anonymous user quotes someone who posted normaly. That user will get informed of the member quoting him. Regarding reactions, I guess it is easy to track down who is reacting to a post and then posting as anonymous.

These things should have been tested before releasing this update.

If anonymous mentions someone, it won't reveasl their identify.

Edited by NerdCore

11 hours ago, virap said:

You should report as a bug via ticket or post in the appropriate forum: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feature-suggestions/

This forum here won’t have many attention.