Please make achievements part of group promotions

MMXII

2 minutes ago, MMXII said:

I am not using 4.6 yet, but I have a question regarding the new achievements system: Are those ranks connected to group promotions, so that you can use a certain rank as a requirement for a promotion?

nope

20 minutes ago, Dexter_X said:

nope

What, really? Why else would you implement achievements, if you cannot use them in order to "award" users with something else than just an icon, e.g. by promoting them to a new user group?

Here is my feature suggestion: Please make ranks part of group promotions.

Edited by MMXII
Title changed

I've not yet taken a closer look to that, but maybe you can match the group promotions with some of your achievement rules, so they can be awarded at same time (same conditions)... 

We've tried to do so with reputation ranks, but a current bug makes it impossible. We're waiting for next version (4.6.3) to get the bug solved and got the match between reputation levels and achievements rules ranking.

• 5 months later...

The feature is there now, but it does not work. Lets say you set an achievement for when someone posts a comment for the first time, and they get an award for this. then you set up a group promotion for if they have this award, then move them to group, The promotion does not see awards.. even though the option is there. So this is intended to work, but does not work.