Jump to content

Conversion XenForo 2.2 to Invision Community 4.5 or 4.6


anon2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

While I do not have a definitive answer for you, I would recommend making a copy of your 2.2.X XenForo database and attempt to migrate it to IPS.  If it succeeds, then you can proceed with your live site.  If it doesn't, maybe someone else has a better solution. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rnorth6920 said:

While I do not have a definitive answer for you, I would recommend making a copy of your 2.2.X XenForo database and attempt to migrate it to IPS.  If it succeeds, then you can proceed with your live site.  If it doesn't, maybe someone else has a better solution. 

This is a good solution, just try it on test clone, and post any issues you face here so that we can help you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rnorth6920 said:

While I do not have a definitive answer for you, I would recommend making a copy of your 2.2.X XenForo database and attempt to migrate it to IPS.  If it succeeds, then you can proceed with your live site.  If it doesn't, maybe someone else has a better solution. 

 

2 hours ago, A Zayed said:

This is a good solution, just try it on test clone, and post any issues you face here so that we can help you.

 

That doesn't work, because there is no converter for xenforo 2.2.x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, anon2020 said:

 

 

That doesn't work, because there is no converter for xenforo 2.2.x

 

Exactly, because invision community does not include a converter for XenForo 2.2.

I have not opened a support ticket because they will tell me what I already know, that at the moment there are only converters up to version 2.1, and that I will have to wait for version 2.2, or look for a third party tool.

10 hours ago, rnorth6920 said:

Use the most recent Xenforo to IPS converter and see if it works.

 

 

That does not work, I have already tried it, it interrupts the process with a message that the version of xenforo does not match the version of the conversion tools.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the invision Marketplace I can't find any updated converter for XenForo 2.2.

I will have to keep using my old forum with XenForo, link it in the top navigation bar of Invision, and use Invision for clubs and blogs.

But ideally I would like to be able to import XenForo users. I think it will not be possible until the Invision developers team update the converter tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

@anon2020 I spoke to @Charles the other day and he mentioned that they have a converter coming out that should be released in a week or two. I just renewed myself and am anxiously awaiting the converter as well, so that I can convert and come back to the Invision platform for Xenforo 2.2.6. Hopefully it will be done soon. I know there are quite a few of us on the Xenforo side looking to jump ship over here. I'll be watching the release notes and chomping at the bit in the meantime. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On 8/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, nodle said:

@anon2020 I spoke to @Charles the other day and he mentioned that they have a converter coming out that should be released in a week or two. I just renewed myself and am anxiously awaiting the converter as well, so that I can convert and come back to the Invision platform for Xenforo 2.2.6. Hopefully it will be done soon. I know there are quite a few of us on the Xenforo side looking to jump ship over here. I'll be watching the release notes and chomping at the bit in the meantime. 🙂

The Xenforo 2.2 converter is now done 🙂

It will be bundled in our next release in a few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wanted to chime in and give a big shout out to @Stuart Silvester. With his help I was able to successfully do a transfer. (Give this man a raise 😄). Also thanks to @Charles. It's customer service like this that a lot of forum software companies are missing these days. Glad to be back and be part of the IPS family once again. 

George Costanza Reaction GIF

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...