How to enable web push notifications

5 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

Do we need to have an An Apple Developer account for this to work?

On 2/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, Rikki said:

It will "just work" on self-hosted, but only for users who have supported browsers/devices. That's basically all of them except Safari/iOS. Apple has its own web push notification system for desktop Safari but we have decided not to support that right now, and of course iOS doesn't support web push at all.

20 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

This makes no sense I get push notifications on safari all the time from other sites?

On Desktop - then those sites support it; IPS don't at this time because "...we have decided not to support that right now"

On Mobile - personally, I'm not aware of any change in support on Safari being implemented, but maybe things have changed.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

On 6/17/2021 at 9:21 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

and when some get an option to save icon on home screen

That is one thing I am wondering too. Do users have to manually save the site to home screen or will they be notified to do so as it was for this site? 

I have upgraded to 4.6.1 and wonder where is the splash screen image setting mentioned below.

Edit : I have just found the splash screen image setting in > Customization > Icons & Logos

Edited by ABGenc

I was not familiar to PWA till I have heard here and the only thing I cared about was the push notifications to tell the truth.

I was a bit upset after upgrading to 4.6.1 cause I had no sign of an application that I had a few weeks ago on this site. I read the articles here and the only thing I found related was the the splash screen setting. I searched, found and placed one and just a few hours later I have seen a notification on my phone to copy the application of my site to home screen. When I said Yes, the application was there with my site's name and logo. Now all is set and working perfectly.

During the search I have found the following link. If you have not already copied yet, you can easily copy the app on your phome home screen or PC's desktop

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/9658361

And here are the requirements for the app to be installable

https://web.dev/install-criteria/

Hope it will be helpful for those who are not familiar with PWA.