Admin CP Forced Logout

Hello!

Since upgrading to 4.6 whenever I go to Admin CP > Members > Groups I get kicked out of the Admin CP. Any clues of why this could happen?

I did get a database error during upgrade so restarted the upgrade and it went fine. Could this be the issue? And would a restoration of my backup just before upgrading and then upgrading again solve the issue?

I did a manual upgrade since the 4.6 wasn't prompted automatically.

Edited by Sirmadsen

6 minutes ago, Dexter_X said:

It did happen to us on previous versions, it was a limitations problem from the hosting provider (number of process or available RAM). We had to move to another hosting company and the problem was solved.

But wait... It worked fine before upgrading. Just restored to the previous version and it's working again. Seems more like a DB och cookie issue. I will try and upgrade again and see what happens.

Or did you mean the part during the upgrade?

Gonna bump this thread because the problem I was having is back. Still being kicked out of ACP when I try to access Members Groups. I literally have to refresh the page before it stops loading and then manually stop the page from finishing loading. It only happens on the Members Groups page.

I did manage to notice that in the adress bar when forced logged out it said

"login&error=User madsen_sirmadsen already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections&ref=YXBwPWNvcmUmbW9kdWxlPW1lbWJlcnMmY29udHJvbGxlcj1ncm91cHM="

Any ideas? It Only happens when accessing Members Groups section and sometimes when using ACP search. I can still go to group settings using the workaround above.

Edited by Sirmadsen

On 6/16/2021 at 3:29 AM, Sirmadsen said:

So far, seems like it's a plugin that's causing the error.

Nope, still having issues.

Can anybody confirm (or unconfirm) that this might have anything to do with the new innodb databse requirements? I'm also having problems with big files giving me a -200 error. But if I'm not mistaken, IPS uses chunked file uploads?

16 hours ago, Sirmadsen said:

Nope, still having issues.

Can anybody confirm (or unconfirm) that this might have anything to do with the new innodb databse requirements? I'm also having problems with big files giving me a -200 error. But if I'm not mistaken, IPS uses chunked file uploads?

Mod_Security on? This used to cause me the -200 error for file uploads.

7 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Mod_Security on? This used to cause me the -200 error for file uploads.

No, I've tried turning that off. Which reminds me that I also have a problem with uploading big files even though IPS is using chunked upload. Unless they changed that.

On 6/15/2021 at 7:34 PM, Sirmadsen said:

Any ideas? It Only happens when accessing Members Groups section and sometimes when using ACP search. I can still go to group settings using the workaround above.

This is a MySQL error. The error is indicating that you are using more connections to your database than allowed by configuration.

If you cannot control this configuration, or your web host doesn't make changes to allow more connections, it's time for a new host. If you do control it, look at the max_user_connections setting for your MySQL server.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_max_user_connections

Edited by CoffeeCake

On 6/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, CoffeeCake said:

This is a MySQL error. The error is indicating that you are using more connections to your database than allowed by configuration.

If you cannot control this configuration, or your web host doesn't make changes to allow more connections, it's time for a new host. If you do control it, look at the max_user_connections setting for your MySQL server.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_max_user_connections

And this would explain why it Only happens on those specific parts of the software and no where else?

OK, so. Not sure if this have anything to do with each other but, if it does maybe it can help the team. I noticed that anytime I was kicked out, one of the groups loading animation circle wouldn't stop spinning. I deleted that group and now it seems to work. That same group also had disabled Group Promotions. So it seems like every time I went to the Member Group section it would try to load those promotions and fail somehow which would cause a glitch and kick me out.

Like I said, don't know how it works but that is what I did to solve the issue, delete the group (I remember doing this the first time around as well when I mentioned in a comment that it worked). Maybe you can recreate the error.

I'll let you know if problem comes back.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:50 AM, Sirmadsen said:

And this would explain why it Only happens on those specific parts of the software and no where else?

Perhaps there is an issue where some area causes larger number of connections than usual. If you can reproduce the issue (add whatever you deleted back and then see if the problem comes back), report it via support to log a potential bug.