Community

Option to allow guest posting

Posted (edited)

I wish for the option (in a future release) to allow guest posting. In our modern age, when I say 'forum,' many younger adults roll their eyes and envision a lengthy registration process so that they can post their thoughts and opinions.  I have the experience of growth and productivity by allowing guests to post, who often join after, having already enjoyed the experience of my community (risk-free).  I believe this option would benefit others.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
clarity

You can already either allow guests to post, or use a simple 'post before registering' approach that allows people to post their message and then complete the signup process later.

Typically allowing guests to post isn't a great idea, but the option is there should you want it.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

image.png.c9f9d094572123f60d1cd509c172a83c.png

While you wait?

🤔 That's worded in an odd way.  But OK.  -- Thank you.

But in the guest group, where is the option to allow you to post? I see no option in

/?app=core&module=members&controller=groups  > Guest

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

10 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

That's worded in an odd way.  But OK.  -- Thank you.

Here's an overview of the feature

10 minutes ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

But in the guest group, where is the option to allow you to post? I see no option in

/?app=core&module=members&controller=groups  > Guest

This would be a permission not a group setting, click the padlock icon there

3 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

This would be a permission not a group setting, click the padlock icon there

I assumed the permission would have been available when you clicked on to edit the group.  Little details, eh? lol 😉