How do you add a Clickable HTML hyperlink button ?

Go to solution Solved by Davyc,

On 6/1/2021 at 1:59 PM, Davyc said:

Unfortunately what you 'think' it should be isn't what it is.  If you don't want to work within the system then you are going to run into all kinds of different problems. And whilst this may not be a debate in your view, it has turned into one because you are unwilling to accept that this is the way the system works. There are thousands of lines of CSS code used by the IPS system and they attempt to cover the most important areas, they are not designed to cater for something that only a few people may use. So you can argue that the system 'should' do this or that, but it doesn't and it won't, so you need to bite the bullet and learn a little bit of CSS so you can make the changes you want, or live with it the way it is.

I'm sorry if you don't find this helpful, but that's the way it is and it's unlikely to change.

Responsive design isn't something a few people use : it's a universal requirement for any website.  This is a daft and pointless argument and I'm getting bored of it, so I shall bow out.

Well bow out if you must, but understand that responsiveness is not something that just happens, it has to be made to happen and that happens in using CSS.  What you are using buttons for is not universal, you would be better using styled links or clickable images, but then that requires some knowledge of how to implement CSS to control the sizes required for different screen sizes - you would need '@media' CSS commands for all of the permutations of screen size relating to what you require.  

I provided you with a means in the editor simple button and you would need to check the results against different screen sizes to see how what you want will appear.  You can do this using the browser console (Chrome allows you to choose different devices by name from a list) and determine how the length and text size affects what you want to achieve.  If you're not prepared to delve into how to make things happen for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.  A great deal of my own site has hundreds of lines of custom CSS so that I could achieve the look I wanted - to do that I had to learn about CSS and how it works, and I'm still learning and believe me there is a great deal of satisfaction to be had for doing it yourself.

Good luck and Bon Voyage 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, Steve Jabba said:

Responsive design isn't something a few people use : it's a universal requirement for any website.  This is a daft and pointless argument and I'm getting bored of it, so I shall bow out.

I'm sorry, couldn't just let this go. You claim in one post you are not a coder and need help to even get the simplest button on ips working... Yet you keep complaining in literally every new answer you post about how things should be. You clearly don't know how responsiveness work...

How about showing some gratitude to those trying to help you?

On 5/30/2021 at 3:02 PM, opentype said:

I would just create a custom button and call IPS’ button styling: 

1075052297_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-30um21_00_08.thumb.png.919192c82703981a2b204cce672e3f53.png

I'm not the OP but I'm trying to this and it doesn't seem to work. It shows the option in the editor and I highlight my text, click the button in the editor, enter the URL, click OK and nothing happens. Viewing the source shows that nothing was done. Any ideas why?