Achievements icons

marklcfc

I like the addition of achievements but I don't like the placement of the badges in the topics on the avatars. They are designed well but I'm not sure they are needed in some cases (on a busy site for instance, it would get annoying). For many years I requested the online status to show next to username or on the photos as I have it as have always had to use a mod to achieve that, yet now it's deemed fine to have these big bulky icons which I'd say takes eyes away from the content a fair bit more than an online status ever did.

Currently you've got these icons in topics, hovercard, profile and dropdown menu. I think it would be better all round if they didn't appear in topics as well the rest or at least have that option. I also think the original central placement of the new member / moderator icon on profile photos in topics was better than it is now at opposite ends. I'm guessing these are hard to alter too.

Edited by marklcfc

Yeah I’m not a fan of these icons over the profile pictures, I get I’m not the most handsome man out there, but I work with what I have, covering me up with an icon gives me insecurities about that side of my face.

The above might not be totally serious, but I can confirm I’m not a fan. If we are going down that route of covering our pretty faces, an online indicator would be more useful than displaying whatever achievement I’m up to.

• 3 weeks later...

@marklcfc Maybe the mod does the same thing, but in 4.6.X I've modified the theme template in order to display online status in users posts (template forums/front/topics/postContainer ) and it works quite well. I think the same thing could be done in 4.5.X knowing the information is already available too.