Facebook login action required!?

Hello,
I'm using login with Facebook social sign-in option (without status imports or promotion) and today i received the following email from Facebook Developer Operations Team:

In order to keep the Facebook platform and community safe, we periodically review apps for compliance. Your app, Login APP, is missing information that we need in order to review your app.
Platforms affected: Connect URL.

- Detailed instructions describing how our reviewers can access your platform
- Valid credentials for us to login to your app and test/review its functionality and its use of any Facebook API integration

Notes regarding the above:
- The credentials on the test account you provide for us to access must be valid indefinitely
- The experience, once we have accessed your platform for review, must be accurately representative of an organic user experience
- We will potentially be testing any/all Facebook API integrations you have for compliance under our platform policies: developers.facebook.com/policy

We need this information from you in order to complete a review of your app. Please reply to this email with the requested information.

Can you tell me please how should i proceed?
Thank you!

Edited by gaby

• 1 month later...

Same here. The review is mentioned ("we sent a request to your email") in my facebook developer dashboard thing, which makes me think its possibly legit. Though asking for logins by email seems completely wrong and I would have thought there'd be a form ON the facebook side to provide test account credentials. 

I'm thinking I may ignore it until the facebook login breaks (if it does) and then just tell my folks "Sorry, fb integration went bye-bye" and think good riddance. I have mixed feelings about facebook, in case it's not obvious 😛 

I got the same a few weeks ago, I think it's genuine as I got a notification about it on facebook too. I wasn't sure what to reply with, Invision Support didn't offer any guidance either. I haven't heard back since though.

Edited by marklcfc

4 hours ago, Sheffielder said:

No way would Facebook (or any other proper company) ask for your credentials in an email

Not our personal credentials but a durable test account for them to use to evaluate logged-in behavior.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently experiencing issues satisfying them, so I think this is legit.

The sender's email address is ***@support.facebook.com, and I definitely do not think that their email servers + configuration would allow someone else sending emails using their domain name.

Also, they include your app ID, something which is (I think) not included anywhere in my source code, which they would not know were they not Facebook guys.

Also, they wrote to me using the contact email address I provided, which is different from my FB Developer account's email address.

Finally, they do not request YOUR credentials, but test credentials that they can use in order to check everything is working as intended (for compliance reasons). From what they told me, you have to create a test user (see here), register it on your platform, and provide the credentials of this test user so that they can check they can access your platform the right way.

I hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Not that this helps anyone, but I've scrapped all login handles now. Sick to death of all the changes and how difficult it is to keep them running. IPS registrations only now, giving us full control over everything. I truly think it's the way to go now. I've even removed all the promoted article social parts and just push the posts to our home page.

I cannot wait for FB, etc to just die. Die already will you!
Mad The Simpsons GIF

I’m still struggeling with this issue. I guess this is rather easy - but anyway. I have created a test user and a Facebook user on my site. How do I Connect them together in acp

fb support says :

We weren’t able to review Facebook Login because the credentials provided were not connected to a Facebook account. 

Please reply to this email with the test credentials of a test user that is already registered to your app, and is linked to a Facebook account. 

1 hour ago, opentype said:

Do it on the front end in the Account Settings. Here on the site it would be. https://invisioncommunity.com/settings/login/?service=2
The URL can be different on your site. 

Hello - thanks for helping me out. I know how to connect my own facebookuser.

I need to connect testusers, and when the testuser is created in facebook and I log in as the testuser on facebook, and also to same testuser on my own site, I can't connect the two testaccounts. It might be due to my app is closed also now, and I have contacted fb about it. Seems like I suddenly get support there. 

19 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Hello - thanks for helping me out. I know how to connect my own facebookuser.

I need to connect testusers, and when the testuser is created in facebook and I log in as the testuser on facebook, and also to same testuser on my own site, I can't connect the two testaccounts. It might be due to my app is closed also now, and I have contacted fb about it. Seems like I suddenly get support there. 

If your app has been closed on facebook, you wouldnt be able to connect them. You would need to ensure your application is in developer mode if its been closed by facebook themselves, and that your test user is added as a test user in your facebook application under roles>test users

11 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If your app has been closed on facebook, you wouldnt be able to connect them. You would need to ensure your application is in developer mode if its been closed by facebook themselves, and that your test user is added as a test user in your facebook application under roles>test users

Yes I had the app in developermode doing this, but it was not at all possible to connect the two accounts in developermode. Have you done that before? When i tried that with testuseraccount from forum it gave an error in fb.

So fb have now opened my app for 24 hours and it is now working and I can connect the two accounts and I have replied to them with the info and hopefully it will work as intended tomorrow.

The hole procedure with facebook seems unproffessional to me. When i replied to them now with login info I got an automated e-mail saying; "

Your appeal has been rejected multiple times. As a result, this case is now closed and can no longer be replied to."

15 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Yes I had the app in developermode doing this, but it was not at all possible to connect the two accounts in developermode. Have you done that before? When i tried that with testuseraccount from forum it gave an error in fb.

So fb have now opened my app for 24 hours and it is now working and I can connect the two accounts and I have replied to them with the info and hopefully it will work as intended tomorrow.

The hole procedure with facebook seems unproffessional to me. When i replied to them now with login info I got an automated e-mail saying; "

Your appeal has been rejected multiple times. As a result, this case is now closed and can no longer be replied to."

Hopefully that gets them to approve it for you. I agree, the procedure on facebooks end is far from being ideal, and in addition seems to change constantly. We are essentially playing catch up with their changes at times to ensure you guys have the facebook connection.