Downgrade on renew license

BomAle

Hello,

I am interested to start a new project but I would adopt one of my two license which contains Forums, Blogs, Commerce, Downloads (85$ price for renew) but before renew I would only pay for Commerce and Pages app (50$ for renew)

I have asked before to support/sales team but they confirm it is not possible at this stage.

I suppose this is interesting for improve license scope and support new initiative, make it flexible please.

Thanks for your attention, good job Alessandro.

spacer.png

Edited by BomAle

It's a real shame because it used to be possible, but became difficult since renewal dates were all aligned. (Prior to that there may have been a different renewal date for gallery to the one for forums, which was confusing but was more flexible.)

Support have removed unused purchases for me in the past, to reduce the renewal cost for an existing license, but it meant I lost that purchase forever despite having paid for it. (I could not add it back on later.)

As a point of feedback for IPS, this led to me feature locking my community. I would previously have been willing to entertain a purchase of an application to test its use in my community, knowing that I could turn it off if not successful to save some money, and then back on again if there was a new demand for it, but I now won't entertain such ideas because paying a renewal fee for unused functionality or losing the purchase permanently if it's not required just isn't viable (it's essentially throwing away money).

In my case, I would like remove blog and gallery renew, by now its useless for me. 

Gallery would be a great addition if added some plugin to connect with Google Photos. 

Edited by kmk

I would add a motivation/encourage any "not active clients" on invisioncommunity, include also "old contributors" to consider this suggestion like a opportunity to take into action to create a "micro" community and permise scalability for future.

Edited by BomAle