[This Site] Logging in from another account

Go to solution Solved by Meddysong,

I have two client accounts with Invision Community because I use both a business and a personal card to pay for my various licenses. I very rarely need to use the business account (this one) but logged into the Client Area with it. Now that I've returned to the Community, I find that I'm logged in with my business account rather than my customary personal one. And there doesn't appear to be anything I can do about that.

I can sign out but there's no option to sign back in specifying an email address: clicking the option to sign in with an email address uses the credentials from the last-used account, which is no solution. It's possible, of course, to sign in using a social media profile, but I haven't linked any of those (they don't all use the appropriate email address anyway), and I don't see why I should be compelled to. Am I missing something? How do I enter the email address and password combination for the account I wish to log in as?

• Solution
1 minute ago, Esperanto said:

How do I enter the email address and password combination for the account I wish to log in as?

Got it: sign out here, then go to the Client Area and sign out there too. This will bring up a pop-up for you to log in. Once you've done this, return to the Community, click "Sign in with email", and it will use the details that you logged into the Client Area with.

There's probably some room for improvement in this process. That was a frustrating few minutes wasted.

I questioned the same just a few posts down. And was answered within.

46 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Got it: sign out here, then go to the Client Area and sign out there too. This will bring up a pop-up for you to log in. Once you've done this, return to the Community, click "Sign in with email", and it will use the details that you logged into the Client Area with.

There's probably some room for improvement in this process. That was a frustrating few minutes wasted.

It’s because they use SSO now.

7 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

It’s because they use SSO now.

That is good. (I usually kept the business one logged in in the Client Area, since that has the full suite and so is better for testing that my other licenses with fewer apps.) It's just not terribly obvious when you happen to be in the Community in the wrong account but I suspect this is a problem that relatively few people will encounter, and we'll get used to it.