First Contentful Paint is very low. How can I fix it?

Hi, I'm trying to get the best result I can in Google Insights but fail miserably. Mobile version score is like 15/18.

If I disable google ads I get something like +15/+20 score in desktop version. And a few extra scores in mobile. I will eventually disable ads anyway.

Did using pagespeed module by google on the server help anything? Any tips are appreciated.

Would a free plan of cloudflare help significantly?

mavzyI2.png

I'm using this theme. Switching to default theme does not make a big difference. Version IPS 4.4. Running on NGINX server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 11:44 AM, Maxxius said:

Hi, I'm trying to get the best result I can in Google Insights but fail miserably. Mobile version score is like 15/18.

If I disable google ads I get something like +15/+20 score in desktop version. And a few extra scores in mobile. I will eventually disable ads anyway.

Did using pagespeed module by google on the server help anything? Any tips are appreciated.

Would a free plan of cloudflare help significantly?

mavzyI2.png

I'm using this theme. Switching to default theme does not make a big difference. Version IPS 4.4. Running on NGINX server.

You need to active a CDN to speed up your website, another good suggestion is active the GZIP.

gzip is active, using CDN when the server is in my country and absolute most of its users are also in the same country I see no real advantage of using a CDN. Am I wrong thinking that? would a free cdn plan suffice?