Community

IPS Support IP Address List?

Hi Guys, I lock down my adminPC to specific IP addresses. Is there a list of IPS support IP addresses, from which IPS would access my site, that I can add to the allowed list or do I need to disable this rule when I open a support ticket?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Chris027 said:

Hi Guys, I lock down my adminPC to specific IP addresses. Is there a list of IPS support IP addresses from which IPS would access my site that I can add to the allowed list, or do I need to disable this rule when I open a support ticket?

Hello @Chris027

While I am not a member of the Invision staff, I do have an answer. First, let me say, I think it is wonderful that you have taken such a proactive, conscious step in keeping your community safe and secure. But to answer your question, Invision, like many other internet-based companies, occasionally does have their employees work remotely (this is especially true during COVID-19).  As a result, it would be best to disable the IP Address whitelist temporarily when asking for support.

Edited by Linux-Is-Best

Posted (edited)

One of my servers was accessed from 144.202.11.32 (US/United States/144.202.11.32.vultr.com)

Is that IPS? I had a support ticket... i asked if this IP was you in the client area but nobody replies. I don't know if this is legit or hacking. 

Edited by xtech