Post count reduced to short form in topics

I understand doing this on the board index but not for members posts in topics. 2.7k, 4.8k etc. It should stay as the long number in this case as some like to see how far they are off a certain milestone.

Reputation also removed from showing in topics which I'm not that fussed about but it's harder now to find out someones reputation, as the big block on profile that used to be on the left is also not there.

Edited by marklcfc

48 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

How so? The first one is at the top of my profile where you said it didn’t exist anymore. It’s still a prominent feature of a profile. 

Why has everything ended up shortform? topics on board index fair enough, but posts/reputation, not sure they really need to be shortform. Users like to see there true amount.

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

Why has everything ended up shortform? topics on board index fair enough, but posts/reputation, not sure they really need to be shortform. Users like to see there true amount.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty much everything presented that way can easily be hovered over to see the exact amount, no?

6 hours ago, marklcfc said:

I mean I don’t care about the true amount. Short form is sufficient for probably most end users. Once you hit 1K posts does it really matter if you know it’s 1,060 or 1,003?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to add another voice here . . . we run two forum communities, and this abbreviation of the post count is bothersome to the whole staff team and a lot of members. It would be really nice if this could be an option to have full numbers shown in all places. No abbreviations. Thanks.

So, as usual, NO official answer to the paying customers, why did they remove normal post count and why didn't they leave as it is or at least gave as an option?

Are you turning into Apple styled company?

It is so annoying to see on my front page some abbreviation, not a full count of posts.

This is literally one line of code, and you didn't want to leave it as an option.

It shows to me how you appreciate your customers.

9 minutes ago, Nehaj said:

So, as usual, NO official answer to the paying customers, why did they remove normal post count and why didn't they leave as it is or at least gave as an option?

Are you turning into Apple styled company?

It is so annoying to see on my front page some abbreviation, not a full count of posts.

This is literally one line of code, and you didn't want to leave it as an option.

It shows to me how you appreciate your customers.

I've never seen them change their minds.  Once they change something, they only say many people asked for it, even though you've never seen such a post.  Yes, I am very bitter now with these crazy price increases.

A couple of posts above, I linked to a plug in I bought that will get what you want.  There are template edit options, but I didn't want those.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I've never seen them change their minds.  Once they change something, they only say many people asked for it, even though you've never seen such a post.  Yes, I am very bitter now with these crazy price increases.

A couple of posts above, I linked to a plug in I bought that will get what you want.  There are template edit options, but I didn't want those.

Neither did I saw them change their minds. It is like they literally ignore their paying customers. And I've been a paying customer for the last 10 years.

@bfarbercare to explain to us, paying customers, why is SO HARD to leave an OPTION for US to decide what type of post count do we want to have?

5 minutes ago, Nehaj said:

Neither did I saw them change their minds. It is like they literally ignore their paying customers. And I've been a paying customer for the last 10 years.

@bfarbercare to explain to us, paying customers, why is SO HARD to leave an OPTION for US to decide what type of post count do we want to have?

Brandon left IPS a couple of months ago or so.

34 minutes ago, Nehaj said:

Hello! Sorry if it appears like we ignored ya. That is definitely not our intention :] I'd like to think we listen to feedback then decide how to proceed. I see there's a plugin included above. I know it's an added expense. I personally like the abbreviation, but I do agree it could be cool to give the community leader the choice. Could be something we look at in the future. 🙏