You're invited! Join our 4.6 Live Event on ZOOM 6/24 ×

Community

Convert to Topic

niKee

On 5/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, niKee said:

Hello!

There is a way to convert database records into forum topics?

What you are seeking is an importer. Invision offers more than a few forum software importers. I believe you can even import WordPress. But if you are looking to import a different product, you may need one developed. The overall answer to your question is yes.

29 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

@niKee at this time, there is not. No.

I wouldn't say I like this answer. 😅  The overall answer is "yes." Virtually (almost) any content from any database can be converted. Out of the box? It depends on what the source is (was it a forum?). But even if a current important does not exist, you can have one developed. 

6 hours ago, Linux-Is-Best said:

I wouldn't say I like this answer. 😅  The overall answer is "yes." Virtually (almost) any content from any database can be converted. Out of the box? It depends on what the source is (was it a forum?). But even if a current important does not exist, you can have one developed. 

To be clear I believe they are talking about a pages database to a topic which is not natively possible. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

Okay. Which at face value, to me, is a database record from the pages app to a forum topic since this is an IPS support forum. 😉 

😂 Exactly, and people do import database records into Invison too. Nothing unusual at face value. 😉