Has member title been removed?

6 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

I've seen, and it displays under the group user icon and other info, but it just looks messy. Whereas the title under the username was neat. I can see what you guys have done and thankful for keeping it during the upgrade.

It can be fixed with some CSS work. 

4 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I've seen, and it displays under the group user icon and other info, but it just looks messy. Whereas the title under the username was neat. I can see what you guys have done and thankful for keeping it during the upgrade.

I'd want it to show under the username / above the photo. I don't want it below the photo.

On 5/8/2021 at 1:55 PM, ahc said:

Yes, please remember this guys. The marketplace here is definitely not the only resource for Plugins/Apps.  Lots of developers jump at the opportunity to earn more money by letting you purchase things on their own websites or even directly so they don't lose a chunk to fees.  Don't be afraid to use the directory to contact someone privately, the worst they can say is no.  It's how my community survives without an active license. 

And right there is why this suggestion is problematic for several reasons:

1. No active license - you realize you are putting you and your user's data at risk by not maintaining the latest version of the IPS software? I would be very surprised if you are patching bugs and keeping up with changes to PHP versions, etc.
  2. While plugins and apps are useful, unless they are maintained and managed via IPS and the developers you run the risk of breaking your community software if an addon doesn't keep up with any changes to the main suite (and any bugs)
  3. Using unsupported apps outside of IPS again underscores the above risks, and potentially opens you up to liability if someone decides it is your fault, and not some developer you hired to create an addon that has leaked their personal data or made it vulnerable to exposure.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:44 PM, Joy Rex said:

And right there is why this suggestion is problematic for several reasons:

1. No active license - you realize you are putting you and your user's data at risk by not maintaining the latest version of the IPS software? I would be very surprised if you are patching bugs and keeping up with changes to PHP versions, etc.
  2. While plugins and apps are useful, unless they are maintained and managed via IPS and the developers you run the risk of breaking your community software if an addon doesn't keep up with any changes to the main suite (and any bugs)
  3. Using unsupported apps outside of IPS again underscores the above risks, and potentially opens you up to liability if someone decides it is your fault, and not some developer you hired to create an addon that has leaked their personal data or made it vulnerable to exposure.

So... basically nothing changes.  😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...