(NE) Kindness

You're a rockstar @Nathan Explosion. I love where this is headed!

Few questions:

• Does this include a timeframe for the user (like how suspensions / restrictions work)? 
    • The kindness feature is applied to Jordan Invision. He'll be forced to check the kindness box for X amount of days. Once X days is up, the kindness restriction will expire and he can freely post.
      • If not, will members have to manually be removed?

• Can moderators who don't have access to the ACP be able to apply this? 

Looking forward to hearing back.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Does this include a timeframe for the user (like how suspensions / restrictions work)?

No

4 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

If not, will members have to manually be removed?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Can moderators who don't have access to the ACP be able to apply this?

No - but you can always provide your moderators with restrcted access to the ACP, using the normal functionality of the IPS software.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

No

Yes

No - but you can always provide your moderators with restrcted access to the ACP, using the normal functionality of the IPS software.

How time-consuming would it be to take on these suggested amendments to the app? 😇

Worth mentioning that all the hard work you've done to make this is greatly appreciated - don't want you to think my suggestions negate that! 🙏 

20 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

No idea. If the application is popular then I might add it but it's bug fix mode only at present.

Gotcha! I'm still v v interested in this app btw. I'd prefer to hold off on giving my moderators ACP access even if it's limited. 😇 But if I have to manually apply this and remove the restriction later by setting a reminder that can be done. Would be suuuuper powerful if it was time-sensitive and automated in a future release! Happy Friday @Nathan Explosion

v1.0.2 has been uploaded and is pending approval

• FIXES
    • None
  • NEW
    • Added a back-end validation check on the kindness field, just in case the user finds a way to re-enable the submit button without toggling the 'Kindness' field (if they do that then they're numpties, because it is quicker to just toggle the field than to workaround it)
    • Added a setting to allow the administrator control over whether to disable the form's submit button or not
3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

v1.0.2 has been uploaded and is pending approval

• FIXES
    • None
  • NEW
    • Added a back-end validation check on the kindness field, just in case the user finds a way to re-enable the submit button without toggling the 'Kindness' field (if they do that then they're numpties, because it is quicker to just toggle the field than to workaround it)
    • Added a setting to allow the administrator control over whether to disable the form's submit button or not

😍 

Regarding this: "Added a setting to allow the administrator control over whether to disable the form's submit button or not"

So a user could check the box, but the admin still can take away the Submit reply button from them? How does that differentiate from being suspended? Sorry I haven't had enough coffee yet on this fine Monday morning 😂 Love love love that you're continuing to improve this idea. I think it's huge and an amazing step in the right direction for communities (amidst all the potential toxicity that can happen mainly on social media - it's cool to see how IC differentiates itself from that with apps like this). 

29 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

So a user could check the box, but the admin still can take away the Submit reply button from them?

The submit button is disabled, requiring the toggling of the field.

OR...

It's not disabled, but when the form is submitted then the field is validated...not toggled, no submission.

That is the last of the new features... pointless continuing development on it.

No idea what that is supposed to be conveying but here's a clearer statement for you:

image.png.b964ca0e70930d57811e31081015ab7e.png

Unfortunately, "super-interest" doesn't pay the bills.

When that 0 increases, and not by a increment of just 1, then I might revisit this but for now...that's it.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 2 weeks later...

Known issues with v1.1.0 (see screenshot 1)

• No icon on left hand side, guiding you to the application's settings
  • No header on the application's settings

Both will be fixed in a v1.1.1 release at some point (I'm not releasing an update just to resolve language string issues) but can be resolved manually now by creating the following language phrases manually:

• menutab__neapps (see screenshot 3)
  • menutab__neapps_icon (see screenshot 4)

Screenshot 1:

image.png.e5d804211b2aac50a5a4f604341f350a.png

Screenshot 2:

image.thumb.png.fcfd76b6ee40893f4cbdf39b00c9db10.png

Screenshot 3:

image.png.44215f401c141125e941aa1b4ff2efcd.png

Screenshot 4:

image.png.aea06779dc030420baf3f3654958abb7.png

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to circle back and say how much I love this application. It's a really powerful moderation tool. It bridges that gap between suspending someone and allowing them to post freely after a warning. Thank you again, @Nathan Explosion

• 10 months later...