How to view blocks and content through different devices

I've not come across a setting as far as i'm aware. When working with Pages especially and you have more than one column, for devices such as mobile, it reads the first column top to bottom, followed by the next column top to bottom with the side bar on the usual right hand side coming last.

For Desktop users, the columns very much help break up the page so you're not looking at something really huge across the entire screen. However it then can really impact the idea of how you want the site to be viewed on another device that essentially concatenates the page is a different way to your expectations.

I would love for the ability to dictate per page how the view works, and if it can row by row rather than column by column so you have greater flexibility for your viewers looking at everything from different devices.

One workaround from what I can see is creating the same block from scratch twice and then toggle the Visibility. However, this can cause some serious overhead times. Potentially some core templates that are set up in the way to help different concatenate would be extremely helpful to all core users?

Hey @GazzaGarratt 👋 

I do agree that it'd be great to have more flexibility in regards to how the page displays whether you're looking at it from desktop versus mobile. 

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to have an app/plugin for this. It knows, 'oh, the user is looking at X Page on desktop, so they'll see Y. Oh, and this user is looking at X Page but on desktop so it'll display Z.

Just thinking out loud 😅

9 minutes ago, Jordan Invision said:

Hey @GazzaGarratt 👋 

I do agree that it'd be great to have more flexibility in regards to how the page displays whether you're looking at it from desktop versus mobile. 

I'm wondering if it'd be possible to have an app/plugin for this. It knows, 'oh, the user is looking at X Page on desktop, so they'll see Y. Oh, and this user is looking at X Page but on desktop so it'll display Z.

Just thinking out loud 😅

Thanks for the reply Jordan, yeah i'm sure someone could build a certain thing to help the display. Whilst we're thinking out loud 😄, I suppose i'm trying to think of clever and creative ways to do it in house. In then helps us all learn a little more about the core product rather than going for a paid option if you see what I mean.

I'm thinking another possibility is create a block that has the blank columns as part of it perhaps? Essentially that gives you a sudo-row but within it, 2 or 3 options to stick blocks within it using the easy drag and drop feature?

Edited by GazzaGarratt