Event disappears when started

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Hi, I have this issue where I create a two-hour event and as soon as the event starts the event is gone. If I create a 6 hour event the event remains (at least for a while) visible. The reason why this is annoying is when people a re a little bit late for the event, then they can't find the event anymore.

I have looked in the Blocks and the scss sources. It seems that the time is set there and html code <time></time> is created. So I guess there is another part of the code using this to show/hide this block. Can I change that code (where is it) and if I change it will it be overwritten at the next update?

Thanks for your help!

Eric (working for Ronnie)

Assumption made - disappears from the "Upcoming Events" widget? I personally would expect an event to be removed from that once it starts, because it is no longer 'upcoming'...and it staying for 'a little while' could be explained by caching.

If assumption is wrong, explain more about where the event is (and disappears from)

Edited by Nathan Explosion

On 4/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Assumption made - disappears from the "Upcoming Events" widget? I personally would expect an event to be removed from that once it starts, because it is no longer 'upcoming'...and it staying for 'a little while' could be explained by caching.

If assumption is wrong, explain more about where the event is (and disappears from)

Hi Nathan, sorry for the late reply. I did not get a notification that there was a message waiting.

I understand that this is 'by design' because an event is not upcoming once it is started. However when people are a few minutes late they should still be able to join the event, however not possible when the event disappeared. So... https://freelancemastermind.nl/dashboard is where you can see the upcoming events. However you need to be logged in to see this page. 

I will add a screenshot.

Thanks for your help

Eric

Screenshot 2021-04-30 13.07.13.png

• Solution

This is the line that is used later on in the query to retrieve the events:

$_today	= new \IPS\calendar\Date( "now", \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->timezone ? new \DateTimeZone( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->timezone ) : NULL );

Changing the "now" to "today" and you'll get those already started events to appear - but that's a direct code edit.

I think I might be able to do a plugin to help you with this though...gimme a few minutes to check.

Here you go - try this out:

(NE) Upcoming Events - show recently started events.xml

Edited by Nathan Explosion

• 2 weeks later...