Jump to content

Community

Testing subscription and payment gateway


Sonya*
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wonder how can I test new subscription and payment gateway.

  • There is no group restriction for the subscription, so that I cannot create one just for test and special group
  • I cannot restrict the payment method to special user group only
  • I cannot test on test server as the payment provider does not allow other domains (only live)
  • If I overcome the previous, I still cannot test on test server as the payment interface should be accessible publicly and test installation must be protected by .htaccess
  • I cannot use the constant \IPS\NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS on live server as it applies to every payment method 

Any idea of how to create a test subscription with test payment gateway without allowing normal users to use them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

I cannot test on test server as the payment provider does not allow other domains (only live)

I would not use a payments processor that does not allow for standard testing practices. Can you change your "live" domain with the processor, such that you set your domain to test.example.com and then once your testing is complete put it back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CoffeeCake said:

I would not use a payments processor that does not allow for standard testing practices.

I would not also, but a client wants 😄 

8 minutes ago, CoffeeCake said:

Can you change your "live" domain with the processor, such that you set your domain to test.example.com and then once your testing is complete put it back?

Not with this payment provider. Every domain should be publicly accessible, and it takes a week or more till the domain is approved 🙈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy